Vers. 3.2.3: Massive "artefacts"

Report problems with JoinFS.
HeliJoe

Vers. 3.2.3: Massive "artefacts"

Post by HeliJoe »

First thank you so much, for your patient and continuous work on joinFS! :D
Today I downloaded Ver. 3.2.3 for X-Plane. Model scanning worked fine!
But when I connected simulator and network, I could nearly see nothing on my screen because of massive flickering and artefacts.
It looks somethink like a permanent bursting window in the cockpit :(

Disconnecting simulator or network stops this effect.

Greetings
AK
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Vers. 3.2.3: Massive "artefacts"

Post by Peter »

Did you have any aircraft in the session?

Was JoinFS injecting an aircraft into the simulator?

I am guessing that an aircraft was being injected but the model that was being used to display it is causing the problems. If it is a bad aircraft, let me know which one it is and I will take a look. But with any models that cause issues I would simply substitute them for something else or a custom built CSL object for the purpose.

Peter
HeliJoe

Post by HeliJoe »

Hi Peter

1) It was hard to see, but I think JoinFS didn't inject an ACF
2) I tried it again this evening: Every X-Plane ACF showed the same fault (C172SP / B206R). Furthermore one XP-ACF (Icon A5) caused X-Plane to crash, when I connected with JoinFS.
3) When I replaced the (XP) ACF in JoinFS with a CSL aircaft, all worked well.
4) I repeated model searching - the same fault showed up
5) so I guess, the problem is the conversion of X-Plane ACF to CSL ?
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

1) You can check the JoinFS monitor window to see if JoinFS injected an aircraft.

If no aircraft was injected then it's strange that anything would go wrong at all.

Are you saying that your own aircraft is showing a fault? JoinFS doesn't modify your own aircraft unless you are using shared cockpit.

5) If there was no injection going on then I don't see why it would be related to the conversion.

Peter
HeliJoe

Post by HeliJoe »

I missunderstood you, sorry. A model was injected. This evening I tried with a friend:
The JoinFS monitor window showed me, that cessna172SP is injected, but there were only artefacts on the screen.
Then I did a rightclick in the monitor line which shows me the acf of my friend (he had loaded C172SP), and replaced it with C182 (a CSL acf), all was fine. This happened the same way with other X-Plane acf-models.
So my idea was, that generated CSL-objects for installed XP acf are not working right?
Me and my friend we have a lot of helicopters, we would like to see flying each, this is not possible now, in CSL there is only a AS350 available and I
thought, that ver.3.2.3 makes all original X-Plane models visible in JoinFS by converting them to CSL. Am I wrong?
HeliJoe

Post by HeliJoe »

...for me I translated (I'm german) "monitor" not correctly in my last message. I meant "aircraft list"...
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

So which model was not working, the C182? The aircraft list will tell you which aircraft is being used as a substitute.

Do any other XP models work?

Could you try generating the CSL again using the scan window? Make sure "Skip already generated" is unticked which will force it to regenerate them. Make sure you wait until it has finished. It should take a few minutes.

Peter
HeliJoe

Post by HeliJoe »

The C182 is a CSL model. It worked. I used it as substitute for C172SP, a laminar origin acf, which did not work.
Furthermore all X-Plane models i tried did not work. No matter if they are a origin laminar acf or payware or freeware.
I repeated generating the CSL 3 times. "Skip already generated" was unticked. I waited until message "7797 models found" was shown.

Another idea: I always used "global" as network. Has this any influence?
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I don't think it will matter if you join the global session. How many aircraft did you have in the session, just a few?

Could you go to the folder X-Plane\Resources\plugins\JoinFS\Resources\CSL and zip up the folder Cessna_172SP. Do you have a dropbox where you can send that to me via a private message? I just want to see if your generated CSL is the same as mine.

Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I think I may have found the problem. I will get a fix out in v3.2.4. Again, you will need to do a full rebuild of the CSL objects with that version.

Peter
HeliJoe

Post by HeliJoe »

that's great! thank you very much for your effort!!!
HeliJoe

Post by HeliJoe »

Thank you for updating to 3.2.4 (X-Plane). Artefacts are not visible anymore :-)

My team-mate X-Plane gamer and me tested it:
We deleted all CSL-data before installation and rerun a model search as you described (checkbox "Skip CSL objects already done" unticked).
My friend did the same and we testet it. Both had loaded Vers. 3.2.4 for X-Plane, plugin was installed.
I tested multiple aircrafts by selecting various substitute models (right mouse click on teammates aircraft in aircraft list).
We tested this from both simulators (X-Plane 11.55, vulcan activated)

1) Bell B206R: Nothing visible but gree callsign
2) h500 JFS Hughes_500D_3_default (S): huge oversized aircraft parts, stretching across the whole airport are visible
3) Bell 429: only navigation lights and landing lights visible
4) Gazelle GAZL JFS GAZL1132_1_6_default (S): nothing visible
5) C172 JFS Carenado_C172_Skyhawk_G1000_v12_default (S): nothing visible
6) H145 JFS H145_XP11_Interventions_default (S): nothing visible
7) ICON JFS VSKYLABS_ICONA5_Project_AU_Build_v12a_default: only navigation lights
8) HALO JFS Mil_Mi26_default (S): nothing visible
9) R66 JFS VSKYLABS_Robinson_R66_Project_AU_Build_v105e: nothing visible
10) S76 JFS Sikorsky_S76_default (S): navigation lights and landing lights visible

sometimes at the green callsign, a huge negative altitude is mentioned (i.e. -236742768923567616897134678345ft)

are we doing something wrong?
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Will check out the altitude issue.

There are likely to be some models that simply don't work very well or at all. With these I would suggest finding some CSL models online and substituting for those instead. I will have a look at some of those models if I have them just in case there is a way of making them work.

Peter
HeliJoe

Post by HeliJoe »

I understand, that it's a big hassle to build and maintain JoinFS for all those different simulators. Thank you, for doing this great work.
But, please don't missunderstand me when I risk to ask:
Until unstitching JoinFS for the different simulators, for us it was a unique feature to see beautiful "partner"-Aircraft and see them also in Little navmap.
No other online-flying-addon could perform that.
But now, both seem to be gone? :-(
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I think I have fixed the invisible aircraft in v3.2.5 out next week. See how you get one with that. Still working on the TCAS.

Peter
HeliJoe

Post by HeliJoe »

Oh, you are great!
Sorry for my bothering ...
HeliJoe

Post by HeliJoe »

I made a new try: Installed a second X-Plane without any plugins and minimum scenery and installed JoinFS 3.2.7.
I copied all helicopters (overall 30) out of my 1st XP-instance into the new one and started the CSL generating process. Surprisingly the CSL models here exist and work, some well, some satisfyingly, some useless. So I take a chance to claim, that everyone who wants to make CSL from X-Plane models should do this in a clear X-Plane installation.
In my heli-CSL-models the main problem are floating parts anywhere around the heli, rotating parts (not only rotor) with wrong pivot point. Some other models show no rotation and only "blurry" rotors. CSL conversion worked best with: B407 (Dreamfoil), Bell 429 by Tom Woods, EC 135 (rotorsim), AS350 (Dreamfoil). All XP-models have many liveries, in CSL there is always only one livery available ("default").
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

That sounds about right. If the generated models aren't suitable then just use any CSL models you can find on the web. If I ever find the specification for XPlane ACF files then I might be able to improve the generator.

I tried doing the liveries as well but the amount of data generated was massive. CSL doesn't support shared models for liveries, so it produced about 40GB of data. Unless I can find a way around that it will just be default liveries for now.

Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

That sounds about right. If the generated models aren't suitable then just use any CSL models you can find on the web. If I ever find the specification for XPlane ACF files then I might be able to improve the generator.

I tried doing the liveries as well but the amount of data generated was massive. CSL doesn't support shared models for liveries, so it produced about 40GB of data. Unless I can find a way around that it will just be default liveries for now.

Peter
HeliJoe

Post by HeliJoe »

anyway, it's a bif effort, that XP-acf's can be converted to CSL. Thank you very much!