Engine of other aircraft is always running

Report problems with JoinFS.
woal

Engine of other aircraft is always running

Post by woal »

Hello,

yesterday the first test with fs2020 and JFS. All things were running fine as they should, exept one issue:
I see (and hear) always the engine full speed running of the other pilot although his engine is turned off.
Vice versa the other Pilot sees (and hears) my engine as it should be.

It does'nt matter if I host the session or the other pilot neither what aircrafts we use.
With the fs2020 Multiplayer funktion all works correct.

Any idea?
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Engine of other aircraft is always running

Post by Peter »

Sounds like one of the engine related variables isn't getting synced. Which aircraft was it?

Peter
woal

Post by woal »

We testet different ACs on both sides, made no difference.
In our case this issue occurs always only at the same Pilot, I think, there must be the reason on some configurations in Fs2020 or JFS at that side (or my side).
But we could not find out what it might be.
Can it be that my friend did'nt use the port 6112 wich I used?

LG
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I don't think the port would make any difference. If there is some data getting over then the link will be fine.

Have you played around with the variables at all? Try clicking on Assign variables and make sure you have the default text variable files. I actually found recently that I had changed this for one of my aircraft some time ago, forgotten about it and discovered that I had changed the variable files. If it is a two engine then you should have Plane.txt and TwinTurbine.txt in the list.

Peter
woal

Post by woal »

Thank you, we will try it. Today not anymore. I will give you a feedback.
LG Wolfgang
Peter wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:53 pm I don't think the port would make any difference. If there is some data getting over then the link will be fine.

Have you played around with the variables at all? Try clicking on Assign variables and make sure you have the default text variable files. I actually found recently that I had changed this for one of my aircraft some time ago, forgotten about it and discovered that I had changed the variable files. If it is a two engine then you should have Plane.txt and TwinTurbine.txt in the list.

Peter
woal

Post by woal »

Ok Peter,
it seems that it was an install problem. My friend installed JFs again and now it works without playing arround with the variables.
But now we can't copy any weather from each other which worked already, it is greyed out. Also we cannnot see any Tags of the other Plane although some Tags are aktivated in the settings. Or are these Informations only visible in the AC window? I am not shure.
Thank you for support.

LGW
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi,

With the copy weather feature have you selected the other aircraft first before choosing Copy Weather?

The tag options only apply to X-Plane at the moment. I will have to remove these from the non-XPlane builds. Unfortunately, tags have never been shown in FS2020 even though FSX and P3D always had tags with SimConnect. There is a wishlist post on the FS2020 website if you want to add your vote to it. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/va ... els/362824It's been a request for quite some time now so I don't know when Asobo will be able to sort this out.

Peter
woal

Post by woal »

Peter wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:48 pm Hi,

With the copy weather feature have you selected the other aircraft first before choosing Copy Weather?
Yes, we did. And we also could click into the "weather" field but nothing happened. The weather don't want to copy.
I tried it today with an online hub - the same problem: No weather is copied. Nothing changed with my FS-weather.
But as I remember the weather update was working last week. No idea what it might be.
Peter wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:48 pm The tag options only apply to X-Plane at the moment. I will have to remove these from the non-XPlane builds. Unfortunately, tags have never been shown in FS2020 even though FSX and P3D always had tags with SimConnect. There is a wishlist post on the FS2020 website if you want to add your vote to it. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/va ... els/362824It's been a request for quite some time now so I don't know when Asobo will be able to sort this out.

Peter
Ok, so this is not a bug. Thank you for the information.

LG Wolfgang