X-Plane update.

Report problems with JoinFS.
Peter
Site Admin

X-Plane update.

Post by Peter »

Almost there...CSL objects. No freezes. 8-)
xplane.jpg
xplane.jpg (119.49 KiB) Viewed 16996 times
RotorRick

Re: X-Plane update.

Post by RotorRick »

But CSL objects are so low res and awful?? What about Liveries or models for aircraft with no CSL???

Rick
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

RotorRick wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:12 pm But CSL objects are so low res and awful?? What about Liveries or models for aircraft with no CSL???

Rick
I haven't found a way of using installed aircraft without inducing long freezes when X-Plane loads them. Unless you know of a way to avoid that?

Peter
RotorRick

Post by RotorRick »

I do.. The method you discovered/had been using before reverting was working stellarly....

In fact we are still using it across all sims...

I was wondering would the latest versions for MSFS work with the old version for XP JoinFS 3.1.4T

As usual, XP-XP shared cockpit doesn't really work well even with dataref/variable files.

We love JoinFS!

Rick
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

The trouble with that other method is that it didn't work for all aircraft. There were quite a lot that just didn't get drawn or were drawn incorrectly.

EDIT->
Actually I think I might be able to auto-generate CSL from the installed X-Plane aircraft. It should look the same as the previous method except XPMP2 will be injecting them just as though they were custom CSL objects.

The shared cockpit is a different part of the code. Were you not able to set up dataref syncing for the other instruments?

Peter
JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk »

Hi Peter,

The CSL objects are just fine. World Traffic 3, FSCloud and POSCON use them, to name but a few. They are low FPS cost as well. I for one are happy for use to use CSL objects, as it gives a greater choice of aircraft.

Kind Regards,

Ted.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Version 3.2.2 is out for early access, https://joinfs.net/development.html

Support for CSL objects.

Next I will be looking at doing auto-generated CSL objects for all installed X-Plane aircraft, which should make the injection look the same or very close to pre-3.1.7.

Peter
RotorRick

Post by RotorRick »

Peter,
We created files to sync every dataref (and played with several that only synced the 6 pack or even single instruments) Never was able to get it to work properly. The last issue, was the person joining the cockpit was not relocated to the location of the shared cockpit aircraft. Their aircraft disappears, leaving them in the same spot.

CSL object, low poly count, WAY fewer choices for aircraft (unless you fly airliners exclusively.)

I like the idea of generated "CSL" as long as they look good!

Rick
JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk »

Peter wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:22 pm Version 3.2.2 is out for early access, https://joinfs.net/development.html

Support for CSL objects.

Next I will be looking at doing auto-generated CSL objects for all installed X-Plane aircraft, which should make the injection look the same or very close to pre-3.1.7.

Peter
Hi Peter,

Thank you for the update, which I will try this week with my club. FYI - Attached is a list of CSLS models that I have, so hopefully they will work. Let you know.

Kind Regards,

Ted.
Attachments
models.zip
(476 Bytes) Downloaded 491 times
JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk »

RotorRick wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:55 pm Peter,
We created files to sync every dataref (and played with several that only synced the 6 pack or even single instruments) Never was able to get it to work properly. The last issue, was the person joining the cockpit was not relocated to the location of the shared cockpit aircraft. Their aircraft disappears, leaving them in the same spot.

CSL object, low poly count, WAY fewer choices for aircraft (unless you fly airliners exclusively.)

I like the idea of generated "CSL" as long as they look good!

Rick
Hi Rick,

Not sure if this will help but you can get PNG versions of the CSLS models here - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... GAEvr6Wdfi

All file links here - https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... -packages/

Regards,

Ted.
JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk »

Hi Peter,

I have tested 3.2.2 and have had it working. Two issues that I have found are any aircraft with a retractable undercarriage always show the gear up and also, the built-in XP map displays AI but when I use e.g. Little Navmap the aircraft are not displaying. I guess that has to do with the TCAS not working?

Kind Regards,

Ted.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

JazzFunk wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:24 pm Hi Peter,

I have tested 3.2.2 and have had it working. Two issues that I have found are any aircraft with a retractable undercarriage always show the gear up and also, the built-in XP map displays AI but when I use e.g. Little Navmap the aircraft are not displaying. I guess that has to do with the TCAS not working?

Kind Regards,

Ted.
Thanks, Ted. I suspected that the animations might need linking up. And I thought XPMP2 would take care of the TCAS. Perhaps I need to enable something.

Peter
JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk »

Hi Peter,

Just wondered if you were getting anywhere with the animations and TCAS anomalies?

Kind Regards,

Ted.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

JazzFunk wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:31 pm Hi Peter,

Just wondered if you were getting anywhere with the animations and TCAS anomalies?

Kind Regards,

Ted.
Just doing the auto-generated CSL at the moment. Not exactly easy to do, but it's going pretty well so far. Once that version is out then the animations will be up next.

Peter
enjjptnext

Post by enjjptnext »

I'm Having this weird CSL building issue with the newest update (3.2.7) I have the T-6 CSL attached any idea why its happening?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Q1hew ... sp=sharing
Attachments
T-6 Snip.PNG
T-6 Snip.PNG (171.3 KiB) Viewed 16222 times