Unable to see aircraft

Report problems with JoinFS.
vgbaron

Unable to see aircraft

Post by vgbaron »

two users running msfs 2020 and 1 running FSX. All using 3.12 and then switched to 3.13. Server is using 3.12

The FSX user can see everyone, one of the MSFS users can see everyone. The second msfs user (me) can see the FSX user but not the other MSFS user. Tried every combo of model matching. rebooting, switching on/off - no change. I am completely unable to see the other MSFS user. I also use FSNAV and I couldn't see him there either.

We have msfs multiplayer off.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanx,

Vic
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Unable to see aircraft

Post by Peter »

Does the missing aircraft appear in the JoinFS aircraft window?
Does the owner of the aircraft appear in the session window?

Anything unusual in the monitor window?

Peter
vgbaron

Post by vgbaron »

Didn't check the monitor window but were were all in session window and he and I were both flying the same a/c. Didn't check the a/c in the window.

Won't fly again until next week - I'll check those items if problem continues.

Thanx,

Vic
canuck21a

Post by canuck21a »

Very sorry..
Should have replied to the post in "FS2020 Airplane flies sideways with SU6"
Perhaps an admin can move t his reply?

My Report for today:

Our group used V3.1.3 today on a group flight with FSX-SE/P3Dv4/MSFS-SU7.
I can say that things have improved considerably.
There do remain some issues with remote aircraft orientation.
They seem to want to be at ~15 degrees off what the correct direction is after turning. (I can move back and forth in a straight line and everything is good.)

This image illustrates what I see when using two MSFS sims.
The green one is the local MSFS while the orange depicts what is seen for the remote.
The middle image shows what third party LNM (on local sim) sees which seems to match what the local sim sees.
The last image shows what the remote screen shows for the aircraft orientation which is aligned with the taxiway.

When we all landed at least we were not a mess of twisted planes when we parked near each other.

vgbaron

Post by vgbaron »

ok, finally resolved the issue. Looking at the console and the a/c window I was able to see the error. Somehow, during the initial scan, I came up with two versions of the same a/c with slightly different names. One works and the other does not. Once I substituted the correct name, the a/c became visible to me
Thanx!.