Unable to connect to hubs

Report problems with JoinFS.
Diesel Dan

Unable to connect to hubs

Post by Diesel Dan »

Hi,
Ive been having problems trying to connect to a friends hub. Although lots of other people can join his hub it shows as offline to me.
I'm running software ver: 2.0.4
If I leave Joinfs running but not connected to anything for around 20 mins sometimes it will show online and then let me connect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Unable to connect to hubs

Post by Peter »

That's a bit odd. First see if you can ping his hub from the command line. That will tell you if there is a network issue. Next, try setting up port forwarding on your router, port 6112 UDP-only to your PC static IP address. That may fix it.

Peter
Diesel Dan

Post by Diesel Dan »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.
Yes I can ping his hub and it's 4-8ms.
I've setup port forwarding to 6112 and I'm still having the same problem.
I've been having this problem for a while. Once I'm able to connect I can disconnect from joinfs I can reconnect as long as I don't shut the pc down. If I shut it down I have to wait again for around 20mins before I can connect again.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Could you send a PM to me with your View|Monitor output for the first minute or so where it can't connect, please?

Peter
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

We are having similar problems. By we I mean the group I fly online with. Many running the new update 2.0.4 don't see the servers online and yet some do. I can't work out if it's the servers down or a problem with 2.0.4 .... see pics I've never ever seen as many servers offline as this before.
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (92 KiB) Viewed 10060 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (94.33 KiB) Viewed 10060 times
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Another problem that has got worse lately is not seeing others online. Out of about dozen people online, none of us could see everyone else as most could only see about four or five from the total, and every person was seeing different people from the total online
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

DaveB wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:31 am Another problem that has got worse lately is not seeing others online. Out of about dozen people online, none of us could see everyone else as most could only see about four or five from the total, and every person was seeing different people from the total online
When you say see online, do you mean in the session window, aircraft window or in the simulator?

Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

DaveB wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:26 am We are having similar problems. By we I mean the group I fly online with. Many running the new update 2.0.4 don't see the servers online and yet some do. I can't work out if it's the servers down or a problem with 2.0.4 .... see pics I've never ever seen as many servers offline as this before.
I can see a problem with those screenshots that you sent. There are no 2.0.4 version hubs listed, and the ones that are online are 1.7.5, so I'm fairly certain that this JoinFS is 1.7.5 and not 2.0.4. Could you confirm that?

Most of those hubs have now moved to 2.x.x. You need to use the latest version to see them. It was specified in the release notes that 2.x.x is not compatible with 1.x.x.

Peter
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Thanks for the quick reply Peter. Yes I've dicovered that different versions of JoinFS only serve certain groups or servers hubs. Which becomes obvious when you see the same group listed several times.

Point2..... Seeing others online or session . If they don't appear in the Aircraft list they won't appear in the sim either. I know they are actually online. I can't say I've checked the session window to see if they appear. But more ofter than not none of us can see every one else.
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

To clarify.... Some are seeing three or four people on line when there are more like ten people online while others might be seeing five or six different people of all those online, and yet one or two are seeing everyone online.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

DaveB wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:06 am To clarify.... Some are seeing three or four people on line when there are more like ten people online while others might be seeing five or six different people of all those online, and yet one or two are seeing everyone online.
Do you have any more information?

Try to reduce it down to the simplest case. For example, two people connect together and have the problem. Then you need to post some screen shots (or PM me if you like) of the session window, aircraft window and the monitor output from the machine that is showing the problem.

Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Dan, I have found a bug affecting hubs that use a port other than 6112 and I am 70% sure that this is the cause of your bug. Please give 2.0.5 a try when I release it.

Peter
Diesel Dan

Post by Diesel Dan »

Thank you Peter for all your help in solving this.

Regards
Dan
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Dan,

test version 2.0.5 is available if you would like to try that. https://pmem.uk/joinfs/development.html

Peter
Diesel Dan

Post by Diesel Dan »

Thanks Peter I will git a go and let you know.

Thanks
Dan
vvt55

Post by vvt55 »

Peter wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:02 pm Dan, I have found a bug affecting hubs that use a port other than 6112 and I am 70% sure that this is the cause of your bug. Please give 2.0.5 a try when I release it.

Peter
Hi Peter,
relating to this problem i am facing same failure, when trying to connect our server on UDP port 5055. The connection address is "domain:5055" but the log report an attempt to connect port 6112.
Also with the last 2.0.5 release the problem remains. With older versions (1.) the connection was working well. A global connection is also working well.
Let me know if other info are needed.
Regards.

Renato
Renato
Piloti Virtuali Italiani
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Renato,

That sounds like a very similar problem. I suspect that although I've fixed one bug there is still another one lurking somewhere relating to the non-default port number.

If you do not wish to post the domain, could you send me a PM so that I can try connecting to it.

Thanks,
Peter