Too many servers shown

Report problems with JoinFS.
Ron Attwood

Too many servers shown

Post by Ron Attwood »

As if you don't have enough problems.

Server running 2.0.4
Owing to a new install of W10 I installed a new copy of JoinFS and because we use it on more than Saturdays I called it AVSIM RTW
instead of Avsim Saturday Flight. So far so good. AVSIM RTW was recognised in the Public hubs.
Then came the connection kerfuffle.
So I updated the server to 2.0.4. Then I updated my client copy. It didn't want to join my server.

The usual hair tearing and computer internals digging ensued. During this I happened to accidentally click on Avsim Saturday Flight (still in the dropdown

menu) and it connected! fine, on the face of it, but Avsim Saturday Flight doesn't appear in the hubs list but there are two AVSIM RTWs, one in green

(2.0.4) and the other in orange (1.7.5).

I'm now going for a lie down. :)
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Too many servers shown

Post by Peter »

Version 2.0.4 should definitely not connect to 1.7.5 at all.

Could you check the versions by looking at the bottom left of the main window, on both the hub and the other one?

Are you sure that you ran the correct desktop icon? The 2.0.4 test version is called "JoinFS (TEST)" on the desktop.

Peter
Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood »

I have only 2.0.4 on both machines.

I've had some success by going to the bookmarks file and deleting all the bookmarks. Then I went to the Hubs, selected AVSIM RTW, right clicked and selected Join. Which it did. At the same time I ticked Save. Which it did. It also put a tick in the duplicate AVSIM RTW (the orange one)
So far etc. However I cannot join via the JoinFS window. I only get orange. Go back to the Hubs window and I can join.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Ron Attwood wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:08 pm However I cannot join via the JoinFS window.
I just tried your hub in the hub list and also from the main window as an address and the dropdown (clicking the Join button). All seems ok.

Peter
Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood »

Drop down list. In fact there is now only the one entry.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Ron Attwood wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:21 pm Drop down list. In fact there is now only the one entry.
Did you click Join after selecting from the list?

Peter
Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood »

VE-JACK Is that you?
Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood »

Peter wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:24 pm
Ron Attwood wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:21 pm Drop down list. In fact there is now only the one entry.
Did you click Join after selecting from the list?

Peter
:D Yes. I've also tried the Network button. Same
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Is it the hub running on your local network? What happens if you join using the local IP address of that machine?

Peter
Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood »

If I enter the local IP 192.168.0.2(the server machine) and click Join it joins and AVSIM RTW shows in the box. Is that what you mean?
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Ron Attwood wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:38 pm If I enter the local IP 192.168.0.2(the server machine) and click Join it joins and AVSIM RTW shows in the box. Is that what you mean?
That's right. So is it not all working then?

Peter
Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood »

I see you and I on the session window on both the server and the client.
Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood »

Not as it should no. Do you still have the RTW TS?
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Ron Attwood wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:47 pm I see you and I on the session window on both the server and the client.
Good. I notice that your port is quite a low number. If you are running more than one JoinFS on the same local network, should you not be using multiple port forwarding on the router?

Peter
Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood »

There is one port forwarded. 6112 as it has been since JoinFS was a little baby.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Ron Attwood wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:53 pm There is one port forwarded. 6112 as it has been since JoinFS was a little baby.
Oh, ok. If it works, then great. I usually port forward both ports if I'm running two copies, but perhaps that's not necessary.

Peter
Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood »

I've run out of ideas. I'll settle for having to join via the hubs window. All I can say is, I've changed nothing since the beginning of JoinFS except versions.
Hey ho.
Having said that. Why do I see two instances of AVSIM RTW in the Hubs window? One is correctly, 2.0.4(online) and the other shows as 1.7.5(in orange and long gone)
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Ron Attwood wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:02 pm I've run out of ideas. I'll settle for having to join via the hubs window. All I can say is, I've changed nothing since the beginning of JoinFS except versions.
Hey ho.
Having said that. Why do I see two instances of AVSIM RTW in the Hubs window? One is correctly, 2.0.4(online) and the other shows as 1.7.5(in orange and long gone)
Sounds like you have "Include Offline Hubs" Enabled. Right click in the hubs list and disable that option. You'll only see online hubs then ;)

Peter
Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood »

True. :) Just your's and mine. :D
Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood »

Nailed it! Installed the 2.0.4 version (NOT TEST) and uninstalled the 2.0.4T version. Bingo! Launched JoinFS, clicked Join and got the green Network button.

My joy was short lived however. It only performed once. It has reverted to it's old ways. It does work properly when I join DigitalThemePark. Strange

Bored with this now. :D