Not Connecting with P3Dv3

Report problems with JoinFS.
Drake

Not Connecting with P3Dv3

Post by Drake »

I last flew online on Sunday 02/14/2021 with several using FSX, P3Dv4 & v5 just fine.

Today 2/20/2021, I have not been able to SEE anyone that I am flying with in the sim. I do not see them showing up in Little Navmap.

We are fling in the Digital Theme Park server and I could see that there were 14 people in that session. I went to the AIRCRAFT screen and none of the 14 people in the session were listed on the screen, only myself was listed.

I also went to other hubs I saw were occupied with simmers but again none were listed when I viewed the AIRCRAFT screen.

I updated to version 1.7.5 still could not see anyone. I tried restarting P3Dv3 but that did not fix the issue. Next I closed down everything and rebooted my PC and again I still cannot see anyone that is online.

Any idea that might have occurred since last Sunday that is causing this problem?
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Not Connecting with P3Dv3

Post by Peter »

Hi Drake,

I just posted earlier in this forum about this problem, asking for some help with it, so I'm glad that you have now posted.

First of all it would be useful to know which version of JoinFS the problem started happening. Can you remember which version update gave you the problem. If you can't remember exactly which version, could you try 1.7.0 and 1.7.3 from https://pmem.uk/joinfs/archive.html. When going back a version you will need to uninstall JoinFS first.

Once you have determined the version, it would also be useful to try the new version 2.0.4 test version that I'll be releasing later, because I've added some more monitor messages specifically to track this down.

Thanks,
Peter
Drake

Post by Drake »

Hi Peter,

I am sorry but I did not look to see what version I last had working. However I have updated within the last 2 weeks.

I uninstalled then reinstalled each of the following versions:

With all three versions I have the same problem and result with the program.

Regards
Drake
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Drake wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:38 pm With all three versions I have the same problem and result with the program.

Regards
Drake
Any chance you could talk on Discord?

Peter
Drake

Post by Drake »

i have never used discord or installed it.

I use TeamSpeak and we could use the We Fly Together or the Timber Wolf chat rooms there if you have TS3.

or if you are in the USA i can call you or you can call me.
Drake

Post by Drake »

I appears from the site https that you are in the UK

I am looking for and will install DIscord

BRB
Drake

Post by Drake »

I have connected to Discord and have mic to use as well.

I am in a TEST area that is listed on the left of the page.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Just with someone else on the same problem at the moment in Discord at the moment.

Thanks,
Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi all,

Good news. Problem found. Thanks to those that were able to help in tracking it down.

For those that may be interested, it stemmed from the web page http://ipv4.icanhazip.com/, which JoinFS uses to obtain your external internet IP4 address. However, in the last week or so this page has started returning an IPv6 address (probably for those that have IP6 enabled on their system).

Fortunately, I have a solution, and will try to get this out in the next few days. The down side is that this affects all older version of JoinFS, so there's no point in installing those to avoid it.

Thanks for you patience.
Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Test version 2.0.4 now available, https://pmem.uk/joinfs/development.html

Please note 2.x.x is incompatible with 1.x.x.

Peter