X-Plane AI Aircraft Insertion

Report problems with JoinFS.
JazzFunk

X-Plane AI Aircraft Insertion

Post by JazzFunk »

Hi Peter,

Today was the first time that I used JoinFS since you kindly fixed the duplicate object bug with X-Plane 3rd party AI. I found that aircraft substituted for one the AI models either only partially showed e.g. engines, cockpit or no aircraft at all.

I checked the monitoring log and there are no errors and you could see in the log that JoinFS had injected the AI aircraft that I had selected for the substitution.

Perhaps you could take a look at this when you have time. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Ted.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: X-Plane AI Aircraft Insertion

Post by Peter »

Hi Ted,

Yes, there is still some tweaking to be done for the X-Plane aircraft. You may find bits and pieces, like the pilot, showing in odd places. I still need to do some refinement to get all the aircraft drawing as they should be.

Which aircraft model in particular did you not see at all? There is also a known height issue which may actually cause the whole aircraft to be below ground. If you are able to get the other pilot to slew their aircraft upwards it might confirm that to be the case.

Peter
JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk »

Hi Peter,

The airbuses do not show, I had only the engines show on the 777 and the smaller 737 and 717 did not show at all. All of the payware aircraft I have IXEG 737-300, FlyJSim 727, FlightFactor 757 and 767 all show, as does the freware Zibo 737-800 but then that is based on the XP default model. I will try and see if I can work with someone to slew the models.

Thank you for your time and effort in getting this working :D

Kind Regards,

Ted.
CSAV-AFA

Post by CSAV-AFA »

Peter wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:17 pm Hi Ted,

Yes, there is still some tweaking to be done for the X-Plane aircraft. You may find bits and pieces, like the pilot, showing in odd places. I still need to do some refinement to get all the aircraft drawing as they should be.

Which aircraft model in particular did you not see at all? There is also a known height issue which may actually cause the whole aircraft to be below ground. If you are able to get the other pilot to slew their aircraft upwards it might confirm that to be the case.

Peter
Hi Peter,

I have started training formation flights in your excellent plugin. However, since the changes in X-Plane aircraft insertion, we're not able to see the other traffics and the recorder system isn't playing as it should to be. I have tested these functions with 737 default and it worked fine. We use the BFDG TUCANO T27 for training, it seems the JoinFS isn't drawing correctly the aircraft.

Best regards,

Caio
SYFF

Post by SYFF »

Hi there,

frist of all, thank you very much for this plugin and its functions for us flightsimmers.
May be, I have the same problem with the injection of aricraft respective their height.

Same appearance with 1.75 and 2.04 and separate recorded flights:
1. I connect to sim and my own session (Network)
2. I record a flight with a helicopter (rotorsim EC135-V5 - freeware)
3. Save the recording
4. replay the recording

As shown in the attached Screenshot, the helicopoter sinks below ground.
Is there any possibility to correct models or their injection per default?

Thank you very much,
Regards, Syff
Attachments
2021-02-25 140012.jpg
2021-02-25 140012.jpg (87.49 KiB) Viewed 8531 times
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

SYFF wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:41 pm
As shown in the attached Screenshot, the helicopoter sinks below ground.
Is there any possibility to correct models or their injection per default?
I did attempt to fix the elevation correction in 2.0.4 but did not get a chance to test it properly due to the connection issue forcing the version out.

I'll take a look now with that vehicle.

Peter
SYFF

Post by SYFF »

Hi Peter,
thank you very much. If you need the model/Aircraft, you can get it here:
https://www.rotorsim.de/download-ec-135 ... 135-v5-ems

Will try other models too.
Syff
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I just tried that model, recorded my own aircraft and played it back without any problem. It was in exactly the same place.

Do you have Elevation Correction enabled in the JoinFS settings?

Which helipad/airport are you at?

Peter
SYFF

Post by SYFF »

Hello Peter,
the mentioned option for elevation correction is not completely visible, therefore I am unsure if that is meant
May be there is another option hidden?

Tried with other aircraft and redownloaded also the EC135. Test on a default airport (eddh)
- No changes if I tuck/untick the half visible option and also no change with the EC135.
- The default King-Air is hovering 5ft in the air (to high) - also no changes with unticking the elevation-option
- The default C137 is not drawn
- Other addon (SIAI Marchetti) is hovering 1 feet above ground
- Other addon (Lancair Legacy) is hovering 5ft feet above ground

All my tests did not show the same results. What else can I do to support ?

Thanks & Regards,
Stephan
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-02-26 092954.png
Screenshot 2021-02-26 092954.png (46.51 KiB) Viewed 8504 times
Scorpio47

Post by Scorpio47 »

While this thread is already 9 months old, I need to report my experience of the last days while trying to get JoinFS ready for use......

I am using XP11.55 at this time and could successfully install the program, use it to connect to public hubs, view sessions and aircraft...but when I look out of the window (or got to chase view), in most cases I only see green letters describing the invisible plane which is sometimes represented by a hovering pilot or parts of the frame hovering above ground leve or buried with their nose in the ground.
Only on two occasions (of about10-12 total) I was able to see a whole plane, once B737 and the other one a C172 where the B737 was hanging in the air but stationary and where the C172 was moving at taxi speed slightly above the tarmac.

I did all steps according to the manual I believe (except to change the number of AI planes, it was and still is at 2).

would it be possible to take me at the hand and lead me through the whole process of setting up and using JoinFS in XP11 or recommend an exhaustive and detailed tutorial text or video for this?

THANK YOU
Juergen
Scorpio47

Post by Scorpio47 »

Just a small reminder before this year ends....

would it be possible to take me at the hand and lead me through the whole process of setting up and using JoinFS in XP11 or recommend an exhaustive and detailed tutorial text or video for this?

Thank you
Juergen
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I have just released a new development build 3.1.5T. I have changed the injection method back to the original way it used to work so that all aircraft should now be displayed correctly. The downsides are lack of livery support and the simulator pause that occurs while the aircraft are loaded. But at least it should look a lot better.

Peter
JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk »

Hi Peter,

Any chance of getting the liveries selection working with 3.1.5 please? Right now I have gone back to 3.1.4 as it provides greater choice for AI. Not a complaint, just an observation. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Ted.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

JazzFunk wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:58 pm Hi Peter,

Any chance of getting the liveries selection working with 3.1.5 please? Right now I have gone back to 3.1.4 as it provides greater choice for AI. Not a complaint, just an observation. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Ted.
Unfortunately the X-Plane SDK does not support this directly for some reason. There is some third party code for injecting aircraft which I might have a go at using.

Peter
JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk »

Hi Peter,

That would be great. Thank you :-)

Kind Regards,

Ted.