MSFS 2020 share cockpit

Report problems with JoinFS.
fuginic

MSFS 2020 share cockpit

Post by fuginic »

Hi,

I'm trying to use share cockpit functionality with my friends (both with MSFS2020).
The person who has the control see all fine no problem, but the other one sees the plain move back and forward, if we change the control the person that now fly see all well, but the other one start to see the plain cockpit move.

Can you please help us? This is something that happens to us?

Thanks
Christian
Peter
Site Admin

Re: MSFS 2020 share cockpit

Post by Peter »

Hi Christian,

What value do you see in the latency column on the user list for the other person. Do you have any other bandwidth issues on either machine? Try checking Windows task manager to see how much network activity there is.

Peter
fuginic

Post by fuginic »

Hi Peter,

sorry for my late answer but this is a very complicated and busy period.

latency value can change during the time but we had values between 30 and 120 ms, also with the low latency we had the issue.
I had done several tests (i.e disable the firewall, change configurations) but don't solve the issue :-(
We have disable also the big maps to reduce the network usage but nothing.

We have verified the network usage but also this is very low.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks
Christian
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I’ll have to test this myself on MSFS2020 since it might be related to the simulator.

At what speeds do you see this occurring? Does it get worse at faster speeds?

What aircraft are you using?

Peter
fuginic

Post by fuginic »

Hi,

I'm using Cessna 172 with my friends, they used the same model.
On the ground the issue is present but increasing the speed the problem becomes worst.

Thanks for your support

Christian
fuginic

Post by fuginic »

Hi,

This evening we did another test: 1 person with Xplain and 2 with MSFS2020. Same issue :-(
The person who controls the flight sees the flight stable.

The person with xPlain share his cockpit and we enter it. Same problem and in addition when the XPlain guy gives the command to the other person, the airplane becomes unmanageable :-(

When we use all MSFS2020 we have the possibility to change the pilot without any problem.

Thanks
Christian
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

fuginic wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:42 pm Hi,

This evening we did another test: 1 person with Xplain and 2 with MSFS2020. Same issue :-(
The person who controls the flight sees the flight stable.

The person with xPlain share his cockpit and we enter it. Same problem and in addition when the XPlain guy gives the command to the other person, the airplane becomes unmanageable :-(

When we use all MSFS2020 we have the possibility to change the pilot without any problem.

Thanks
Christian
Does the X-Plane guy see any shaking, or is his always stable? I'm just wondering if it's some sort of added effect in MSFS2020 because the aircraft is accelerating and decelerating as JoinFS adjusts the position.

I'll be able to give you a clearer answer once I've looked into it properly.

Peter
fuginic

Post by fuginic »

Hi,

yes the issue is also present in Xplain.
One friend has tested it with MSFS2020 and Flight Simulator X and only in Flight Simulator X the issue is not present.

To summarize only the person that has the control is stable the other see the plain back and forward with the exception of Flight Simulator X.

Thanks
Christian
cpeyrecave

Post by cpeyrecave »

Hello Peter,

first of all, thank you for your work and your help.

We have a small online flying group, and yesterday we tried, for the first time, the shared cockpit functionality.

We all have different versions of JoinFS, but most of us 1.6.12T and 1.7.4T.

We have the same issue than Fugimic. Only the one that has allowed others to enter cockpit, have a stable visualization.

Mi name is Christian too...

Thanks in advance for your help.
Christian
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Christian,

thanks for raising this again. I have just noticed that this wasn't added to the bug list so I've just added it. That's probably why it went under the radar for a while.

Peter