1.4.35 and weather

Report problems with JoinFS.
picnic

1.4.35 and weather

Post by picnic »

I suspect you're aware of this Peter but just in case you're not.

It doesn't seem possible to copy weather to or from FS2020 and someone running P3D. I suspect it's not unique to P3D but that's all I could try last night. Not hugely important but it's a nice feature you had previously.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: 1.4.35 and weather

Post by Peter »

For some reason SimConnect keeps returning "Unable to get weather observation." Perhaps MSFS2020 will fix this at some point. I can't think of a reason why it shouldn't be able to do it since it's just a METAR reading that needs to be returned.

Peter
picnic

Post by picnic »

Weather transfer fails both directions so I guess SimConnect is not accepting METAR data either? Wonder what VATSIM do with their client.

Thanks for looking :)
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

picnic wrote:Weather transfer fails both directions so I guess SimConnect is not accepting METAR data either? Wonder what VATSIM do with their client.

Thanks for looking :)
VATSIM gains it's weather independently from the SIM.
ie It gets the weather from online.
picnic

Post by picnic »

I know that my point was how does it inject the weather in to FS2020? I'm of course assuming the fact I'm running joinFS on FS2020 doesn't stop it getting weather settings from P3D/FSX which worked before.
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

picnic wrote:I know that my point was how does it inject the weather in to FS2020? I'm of course assuming the fact I'm running joinFS on FS2020 doesn't stop it getting weather settings from P3D/FSX which worked before.
Sorry I must have misunderstood.

I didn't think Vpilot injected any weather into the SIM.

I might be wrong as it's been a long time since I used Vpilot, but I thought that each user set their SIM to real weather etc.
So it was all done by the SIM?
picnic

Post by picnic »

You may have a point there about the SIM getting weather itself from a non VATSIM source however I thought the live weather feed FSX used had been turned off. I now have no idea what happens :oops: