Version 1.6.6 released

Updates and announcements.
Peter
Site Admin

Version 1.6.6 released

Post by Peter »

A new version of JoinFS has been released, details at http://pmem.uk/joinfs/install.html

Fixed a serious network bug that was introduced in 1.5.12.

Peter
JazzFunk

Re: Version 1.6.6 released

Post by JazzFunk »

Hi Peter,

I am running XP 11.51r1 and the only version that works is 1.5.12 with this version of XP. I got a friend to test as well to prove it. I did have 1.6.2 running fine on XP 11.50 before I upgraded XP to 11.51r1.

With XP 11.51r1 and JoinFS 1.6.6 I am still seeing the access error - ERROR: Failed to read AircraftPosition message. The process cannot access the file 'object_list' because it is being used by another process.

Kind Regards,

Ted.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Ted,

Yes, I've seen that error recently. Could you try JoinFS 1.6.6 that I've just released. There is an attempted fix for that in there. It should ask you to reinstall the X-Plane plugin.

Let me know if you still get the error message. Thanks.

Peter
JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk »

Hi Peter,

I already did upgrade to 1.6.6 and it has same problem ERROR: Failed to read AircraftPosition message. The process cannot access the file 'object_list' because it is being used by another process.

I also cannot see any other aircraft even though they are listed in the aircraft screen. However, my aircraft is not listed. Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ted.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Could you try closing and restarting both X-Plane and JoinFS?

Did you install the X-Plane plugin from JoinFS settings?

Peter
canuck21a

Post by canuck21a »

Not trying to hijack anything here.
I have XP 11.50 from Steam. It just updated to 11.51
I removed the JoinFS plugin.
I updated to JoinFS 1.6.6
I started JoinFS and installed the XP plugin.
Shut JoinFS down.
Started XP 11.51 at a plain airport.
Started JoinFS.
XP connected
Join network worked.
Checked Model matching. Seemed to be as it was before.
JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk »

Hi All,

OK I did a complete uninstal and reinstall. Including removing the appdata\local\joinfs directory and any other JoinFS related folders.

Rebooted PC and foloowed cunuck21a procedure. I can still make the file locking error appear if I disconnect JoinFS and reconnect it without shutting down either XP or JoinFS first. So looks like there is still something odd going on there.

What I do not understand is why I am not listed in the Aircraft window as I used to be but I am in the Session window?

Also, there are no NM distances being reported for the other aircraft?

I am going to do some more testing with friends later, so will report back.

Kind Regards,

Ted.
Last edited by JazzFunk on Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

JazzFunk wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:37 pm What I do not understand is why I am not listed in the Aircraft window as I used to be but I am in the Session window?

Also, there are no NM distances being reported for the other aircraft?
This usually happens when you are in an aircraft that hasn't been scanned by JoinFS. What aircraft are you in, and when you do a JoinFS scan, have you ticked the relevant subfolders in the list?

Peter
JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk »

Hi Peter,

I did as you said and scanned the ZIBO directory and yes I now show up, as do the distances to the other aircraft. Thank you.

I have gotten to the bottom of the Failed to read Aircraft Position message. I have the XPFW/Default AI Pack 1.2 installed which with the older versions of JoinFS worked and allowed me to use it for a more realistic spread of aircraft substitutions. If I pick one of those aircraft now, it causes the read error to occur. Not sure if you can fix that.

Also, now that JoinFS is injecting the aircraft, the aircraft TCAS and my moving map software LittleNavmap no longer see any aircraft. If I add an aircraft as required by older versions of JoinFS, the XP AI show but not the JoinFS injected ones. Any chance of getting them to show up on TCAS?

Thank you very much.

Ted.
Last edited by JazzFunk on Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Ted,

That's interesting what you've said about the error. I've just been trying to replicate it in 1.6.6 without success (or failure to be exact). So it looks like the error is now confined to the AI packs. Because the new version of JoinFS is rendering the aircraft in a completely different way I'll have to add support for those AI (and CSL) packs.

Likewise, because of the changes, the aircraft no longer show on the maps. I'm going to have to find a way of doing that. Hopefully it will be possible using the datarefs somehow, but it needs some investigation.

By the way, I've just now added an error message when it can't find your own aircraft model for listing.

Thanks for the update.

Peter
JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk »

Hi Peter,

Thank you for looking into this. The funny thing is that all of my payware aircraft can be used for substitutions no problem. I hope you can get the other AI packages working and TCAS via the datrefs.

Good luck and may I wish you a Happy New Year :-)

Kind Regards,

Ted.
JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk »

Hi Peter,

I found the link to the AI pack that I am using, so that you can simulate what I am seeing in the monitor screen when using one of these models for aircraft substitutions.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... 5-version/

Cheers,

Ted.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Thanks, Ted. I looked it up yesterday and did see this particular one. However, I installed a slightly different one, version 1.1. I didn't see the original error that you were getting. However, looking at the file layout, I think I should easily be able to get these objects injecting properly. They are very similar to the normal aircraft in terms of the files.

Peter
JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk »

Hi Peter,

That is excellent news and thank you so much for taking the trouble to look at this :D

Kind Regards,

Ted.