Whazzup and JoinFS Maps

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
RandomThoughts

Re: Whazzup and JoinFS Maps

Post by RandomThoughts »

I tried changing my pilot ID and aircraft callsign, but still on the map 20 minutes after leaving. I'll try looking at the map code to see if I can figure it out (though I'm not very good at such things), or I might try FlightAirMap
Lemeser

Post by Lemeser »

Hello, I'm trying to use Little Nav Map as a radar for ATC, so far I managed to use it when I have FSX open and placing an aircraft in the airport, what I like to do is to see if this could be done without running FSX and just Little Nav Map, what i done is:
Launch JoinFS in a VPS then create a session in the VPS JoinFS then me and my friends open FSX and connect via JoinFS, at this point every body is connected and able to see each other, the issue comes whe i want to use LNM (Little Nav Map) as an ATC radar without opening FSX, the reason I dont want to run FSX is because the PC we intend to use for the ATC Radar is an old laptop that doesn't run fsx plus JoinFS only gives a 600 NM maximum radius and we require more than that since we fly all across the coutry son the issue in LNM comes when I set to read the whazzup file it reads and all of the aicraft appear but all of them appear facing north and the hading is always 01 or 02 no matter what is the heading of the plane, is there something I could do to fix this?
Last edited by Lemeser on Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lemeser

Post by Lemeser »

Hello, I am trying to display the map but for some reason when I type the address into my web browser says it can not be reached so I downloaded Little Nav Map and it works, the funny thing I noticed is that all of the aircraft display facing north, do you know why that happens?
Attachments
little nav map local 2.jpg
little nav map local 2.jpg (137.96 KiB) Viewed 21953 times
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Lemeser wrote:Hello, I'm trying to use Little Nav Map as a radar for ATC, so far I managed to use it when I have FSX open and placing an aircraft in the airport, what I like to do is to see if this could be done without running FSX and just Little Nav Map, what i done is:
Launch JoinFS in a VPS then create a session in the VPS JoinFS then me and my friends open FSX and connect via JoinFS, at this point every body is connected and able to see each other, the issue comes whe i want to use LNM (Little Nav Map) as an ATC radar without opening FSX, the reason I dont want to run FSX is because the PC we intend to use for the ATC Radar is an old laptop that doesn't run fsx plus JoinFS only gives a 600 NM maximum radius and we require more than that since we fly all across the coutry son the issue in LNM comes when I set to read the whazzup file it reads and all of the aicraft appear but all of them appear facing north and the hading is always 01 or 02 no matter what is the heading of the plane, is there something I could do to fix this?

I've never used little Nav map.
But if you show me a config file for it, I may be able to show you what to change so they don't point North.

As for ATC...
Have you tried using EuroScope?
No sim is needed to be run if you use the tool on this page.
Only JoinFS, EuroScope and the ESJFS ATC tool.
Lemeser

Post by Lemeser »

Hello ATC Roo, I wrote in 2 different threads and you replied both :D , thanks a lot by the way, so the the config file you say for little nav map so the aircraft icons dont display north is the whazzup.txt file or something else from LNM?

Thanks for the suggestion about using ECJFS, I have used it for over one an a half years and it is a great tool that you developed right?
The thing I like about little nav map is that I dont need to load sector files as everything is already there and is upgraded via navigraph so every procedure is up to date and then the sector files are little hard to get or even to make, before I noticed I could use Little nav map for a radar scope in stead of Euroscope and sector files I even learned how to make the sector files but it takes forever to make them
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Lemeser wrote: The thing I like about little nav map is that I dont need to load sector files as everything is already there and is upgraded via navigraph so every procedure is up to date and then the sector files are little hard to get or even to make, before I noticed I could use Little nav map for a radar scope in stead of Euroscope and sector files I even learned how to make the sector files but it takes forever to make them
Ok that makes sense.

I downloaded LNM to have a look and its bigger than I imagined it was (Big Nav Map?) and doesn't have a simple config file as I thought it may have done.

I know what the issue is with the aircraft pointing N, so instead of writting to all parties involved and getting them to update apps I quickly wrote a small one of my own to correct the issue for you.

You can Download VATSIM whazzup Creater from here.

To use...

1. Unzip the downloaded file and pop the program somewhere (lets say on the Desktop).
2. Open the downloaded file and input the location of your JoinFS whazzup file.
3. Configure where you'd like the new whazzup file to be created (lets say Desktop again).
4. Open Little Nav Map and select the location of the whazzup file you'd like to read (the new one on the Desktop).
4. Start JoinFS, connect to a network (or click Global Session) and select the whazzup file option in the JoinFS settings.
5. Click start on the Whazzup Creater app.
6. Aircraft will show in the correct orientation on Little nav map.

Any errors with the app I wrote will appear in a file called log.txt in the same folder you have the whazzup app.
The log gets deleted everytime the app starts.

The 2 file locations you input into the app will be saved next time you open the app.
It's written with dotnet version 4.5 if your interested.

Job Done.
Lemeser

Post by Lemeser »

Wooow, this works great, thank you very much for taking the time to write this program, you just made many people very happy :D
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Lemeser wrote:Wooow, this works great, thank you very much for taking the time to write this program, you just made many people very happy :D
Glad to hear.
Lemeser

Post by Lemeser »

ATC Roo wrote: Glad to hear.
Hey ATC Roo, is there any way I could donate to you? I think you did a really good thing with with the program you just wrote
CES2287

Post by CES2287 »

Hello, I try to use it on my server, and it succeed! But I think there're some problems with the whazzup.txt.
At first, all pilots and ATCs are displayed on the whazzup correctly, but after some seconds, it will disappear and there will be nothing on my map. Then, it will play again after some seconds. Also, the more people online, the longer the disappeared time will be.
Do you know how to solve it?
dale152

Post by dale152 »

Hi all,

In the settings.php file, how would I go abouts defining a file path for a whazzup.txt file located on a VPS with no webspace (i.e. it cannot be accessed on the internet, only through an SFTP like WinSCP).

Kind Regards,
Dale
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

dale152 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:33 pm Hi all,

In the settings.php file, how would I go abouts defining a file path for a whazzup.txt file located on a VPS with no webspace (i.e. it cannot be accessed on the internet, only through an SFTP like WinSCP).

Kind Regards,
Dale
You cound write a script to copy the file to where it could be read?
dale152

Post by dale152 »

Hi Roo,

Thanks for the response. I had a look into things like Cronjobs but for it to be read I need it to be on a different server (which I do have access to) - would you be able to point me in the right direction?

Kind Regards,
Dale
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

If you've looked at cronjobs that sounds like atleast one of your machines is Linux?

You can copy files remotely from/to a Linux OS with scp.

If you want to get a file from a Linux machine to a Windows machine, you could write a batch script to "login" to the remote Linux machine, get the file and "logout".

Plenty of scp batch script examples on Google.