Feature Request List

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request List

Post by Peter »

ADV358 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:32 am Hola por favor como me comunico por radio o mensajeria chat con otro piloto en secion gracias
Hola. Hay algunas opciones disponibles. Puede utilizar otro software como Teamspeak y Discord. O hay un programa de voz de radio especial llamado SimCom X que puede instalar desde el menú en Archivo, SimCom X Voice Client.
ultracool

Post by ultracool »

Does the deature minimize to tray come back, because a host the server and when I accodently close Joinfs I can't rejoin the session anymore.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

ultracool wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:05 am Does the deature minimize to tray come back, because a host the server and when I accodently close Joinfs I can't rejoin the session anymore.
Could you explain that a bit more? Perhaps give the steps required to repeat the problem.

Thanks,
Peter
ultracool

Post by ultracool »

Peter wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:16 am
ultracool wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:05 am Does the deature minimize to tray come back, because a host the server and when I accodently close Joinfs I can't rejoin the session anymore.
Could you explain that a bit more? Perhaps give the steps required to repeat the problem.

Thanks,
Peter
When I start JoinFS I would like that I can check an option that it minimizes to tray when I click the close button. I run the server on my system, and I connect to the session and my friends can join, but when I close JoinFS I can't get back in the session we were using.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

ultracool wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:58 am When I start JoinFS I would like that I can check an option that it minimizes to tray when I click the close button. I run the server on my system, and I connect to the session and my friends can join, but when I close JoinFS I can't get back in the session we were using.
So you connect a session, close JoinFS, restart and you can't join the session again? Is this one of the public hubs?

Peter
Georouters6

Post by Georouters6 »

Hello Peter,

how can I create a permanent Hub? Is a migration on a server possible/necessary. Usually I create a Hub my PC and JoinFS must run, but I am not able to run my system 24/7. :-)
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Georouters6 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:44 am Hello Peter,

how can I create a permanent Hub? Is a migration on a server possible/necessary. Usually I create a Hub my PC and JoinFS must run, but I am not able to run my system 24/7. :-)
Hi,

You could run it on small laptop, but obviously that would need to be plugged in all the time. If you can get access to a Windows server somewhere then that would work. Not sure how much it costs to rent the server space. Probably not that much. Or you could find another JoinFS hub owner who doesn't mind running another instance alongside theirs.

Peter
Georouters6

Post by Georouters6 »

Hello Peter,

thank you for reply. The hint to the the Windows server is very useful for me. I don´t own a server but I'm sure to find somenone else in our community who owns a windows server :-)
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Georouters6 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:56 am Hello Peter,

thank you for reply. The hint to the the Windows server is very useful for me. I don´t own a server but I'm sure to find somenone else in our community who owns a windows server :-)
JoinFS uses very little resources so running multiple instances on the same machine is no problem at all.

Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Peter wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:22 pm To submit a request, please post a new topic in the forum.

Major Features:
  • Native Linux build of JoinFS.
  • Back end database for storing pilot offline state, parked etc. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=432
  • Advanced recording suite. Editing aircraft. Graphs for visualizing a whole recording. etc.
  • Formations. Drone aircraft can be added to your formation flight.
  • E. Ramos. Mac version.
  • Real world traffic injection, ADS-B (optional).
  • FlyInside Flight Simulator support.
  • FlightGear support.
  • Formation analysis tool.
[*]JoinFS Open Network. An interface for third party developers to utilize the existing JoinFS network.

Minor Features (Priority Order):
  • Option to switch on/off simulator AI aircraft.
  • Flight level added to flight plan.
  • Squawk Mode C and Ident.
  • Recorder audio markers, https://pmem.uk/joinfs/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1132
  • Weather syncing in X-Plane.
  • P3D Add-On folders, https://pmem.uk/joinfs/forum/viewtopic. ... 4754#p4753
  • Simulator pause also pauses the recorder.
  • Searching for clients on the LAN, http://pmem.uk/joinfs/forum/viewtopic.p ... 3590#p3590
  • Multiple door sync.
  • Clear all substitutions button. Setting to auto clear at startup.
  • Port forward check and warning. http://pmem.uk/joinfs/forum/viewtopic.p ... 3204#p3196
  • Validate scan paths with warning if they don't exist.
  • Allow take over of recorded aircraft during flight.
  • 3rd party events. http://pmem.uk/joinfs/forum/viewtopic.p ... 2172#p2172
  • Copy date/time.
  • Webpage interface to JoinFS client. Hub management etc.
  • Synchronize system failures, ADI and RMI compass.
  • Aircraft collision detection and engine damage. Damage on recorded aircraft, AI/physics takes over.
  • Flight route and remarks.
  • Nicknames saved in recordings.
  • Glider tow rope physics.
  • Display nearest airport for each aircraft.
  • List of nearest airports with distance, bearing and elevation.
  • Shared cockpit. Allow outside control option.
  • Highlight bad network connections.
  • An option to allow network pause. So everyone in the session pauses at the same time.
  • Visual indicator of relative positions.
Worth Further Consideration:
  • Persisant/distributed information storage. For example, offline data for users' aircraft last position.
  • MacOS and Raspberry PI (target ARM).
  • RESTful, ACARS interaction. Web details and mapping capability.
Completed:
  • Recorder loop option.. v3.1.0
  • Option to disable TCAS on X-Plane in order to free the plugin from acquiring the AI aircraft. v2.1.1
  • Simulator title shown in aircraft list and the JoinFS map. v2.1.2
  • Allow more than one hub per IP address. A maximum limit instead. Version 2.0.0.
  • Prompt for nickname if not set. Version 1.7.4
  • Share flight plans between pilots. Version 1.7.0
  • Keyboard support for some features, e.g. Follow, shared cockpit hand over. Version 1.6.2
  • Overriding callsign in X-Plane. Version 1.5.9
  • Need to add support for default "Four Engine TurboProp". Version 1.5.9
  • Sorting the user list. Version 1.5.2
  • Comms. Text communications with multiple channels: Global, Session, Com 1 and Com 2 frequencies. Version 1.4.0.
  • X-Plane Support. Extending cross-platform to include X-Plane. Version 1.3.0
  • Custom animations. C130. http://pmem.uk/joinfs/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=85. Version 1.2.9
  • Transfer Payload Station Weight variable. Version 1.2.8
  • Extend radar range. http://pmem.uk/joinfs/forum/viewtopic.p ... 2127#p2127. Version 1.1.16
  • Elevation correction for different scenery. Version 1.1.7
  • Shared cockpit: Battery, GPS, Pitot, bug, OBI, pump, prop sync, Right Master ALT, r/a trim, right selector. Version 1.1.7
  • Minimize to System Tray. Version 1.1.6
  • Different model scans for each simulator connected. Stop warnings if running on a server. Version 1.1.6
  • Add filter to substitution windows. Version 1.1.6
  • Default substitution for each type role. Version 1.1.6
  • Auto substitution. Version 1.1.6
  • French translation. Version 1.1.5
  • Command line launch for Windows servers. Version 1.1.2
  • Hub network. Version 1.1.0
  • A way to bookmark the current session. Version 1.1.0
  • Option to ignore certain aircraft in the list. Version 1.0.14
  • Radar support. Version 1.0.13
  • Choose specific folders to scan for models. Version 1.0.13
  • Resize Aircraft window. Version 1.0.12
  • Recorder Toolbar. Open a window for managing recording and playing. Track-bar controlled. Include visual markers for points of interest.
  • Allow host name entry as well as IP address. Version 1.0.11
  • Option to save log files from the Monitor window. Version 1.0.7
  • Show closest airfield. Version 1.0.7
  • Get weather data from other pilots. Version 1.0.3
  • Show distance, bearing and tracking data in aircraft list. Version 1.0.3
  • Re-position behind other aircraft. Version 1.0.3
  • A user-friendly list to choose other clients and hub IP addresses. Version 1.0.0
  • Enable squawk code. Version 1.0.0