XP11: Models found do not show up after search

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
ostkamp

XP11: Models found do not show up after search

Post by ostkamp »

Hi,

I installed JoinFS most current version (3.1.4) today as well as the plugin for XP11.
After having started XP11, I started JoinFS as well and tried to search for aircraft models.
I enabled all the directories listed and started the search.
A popup appeared stating that 829 models where found, otherwise there was only an OK button in the popup which I pressed.
However when I invoking the Model Matching from menu, only a handful of "Default ..." entries are shown, but none of my models.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Peter
Site Admin

Re: XP11: Models found do not show up after search

Post by Peter »

Hi,

That is working correctly. When you fly, if any model is unknown then it will use the appropriate default. If you want to substitute that model instead you can do that from the aircraft window and JoinFS will remember that substitution in future and it will appear in the model matching list where you can either edit it or remove it.

Hope that helps,
Peter
ostkamp

Post by ostkamp »

Hi Peter,

thanks for the reply.

In my case, all the listed default categories Single-Prop, Twin-Prop, Jet, Helicopter, Sailplane, Fighter, Bomber, 4-Prop are shown as mapped to the very same model which is the Aerolite_103_default.

This is the first aircraft in the Laminar Research subfolder in X-Plane´s Aircraft folder (there are other subfolders as well of course). There are certainly better default matches for most of those classes.

So is joinfs really acting like this? Everything gets mapped to the first found entry?
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

If you are not happy with the defaults then just change them to your own preferences. You can edit them in the model matching window. That's the whole point of that window.

Peter