Cannot join Hubs

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
davidstokes

Cannot join Hubs

Post by davidstokes »

Hi Just recently I have had problems joining with my friends using JoinFS. Each time i start up all the Public hubs are orange and i cannot get them to go green. I fly with seven other pilots who all use the same set up as myself and they have no problems all hubs being green. My connection to the internet is via satellite but one of the others also uses the same server with no problems. What can I do?? Any help appreciated My Router is a D-Link Model No DVA-2800 David stokes
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Cannot join Hubs

Post by Peter »

You need to make sure that your external IP address, https://www.myip.com/, and port number 6112 are accessible from the internet and has a direct route to your PC on port 6112. Once that port number is visible to anyone on the internet then it should all work. Any router configurations that modify or reallocate that port number will stop JoinFS functioning properly.

You could try changing the JoinFS port number in the JoinFS settings, "Choose my own port". Try something like 4001 or 9999. If you are using a port forward on the router then don't forget to change that port as well.

Peter
davidstokes

Post by davidstokes »

Hi Peter I am 83 years old and whilst I still have most of my marbles my memory sometimes plays games.I forgot I had already contacted you re my problem !!Many thanks for your prompt reply. I have checked my IP address etc. and have the details to hand. I am not really sure what to do next regarding the router settings. Will I need to contact the D Link people to set it up properly or is there an easier way. As you will have gathered I am not up to speed re technical matters Again any help would be much appreciated. Incidentally my pilot friends tell me that when other pilots appear on Tramp etc. their planes are showing up as going sideways or backwards. i don.t know if that is a microsoft problem or comes from JoinFS ?? I look forward to your reply David Stokes
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi David, the plane orientations are a separate problem that I am working on.

Are you able to connect with your friends or the hub by one of their addresses? Just ask them what their "Me" address is.

Peter
davidstokes

Post by davidstokes »

Hi Peter Once again many thanks for your early reply. I think I have solved my problem. I reset my modem back to factory settings and lo and behold all the hubs turned green. Will be in touch if this fails to solve everything . Best wishes David