Version 3.1.2 Problems

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
davidstokes

Version 3.1.2 Problems

Post by davidstokes »

HI I have been using JoinFS for some time now with no problems however since I up-dated to Version 3.1.2 I cannot join any of the public hubs. I fly with a group all of whom use the same settings and have no problems. When I try to connect they see me for a second or two then I am gone, I cannot see them at all. The Hub I use is called Australian Aviation. I have not changed any of my settings since the up-date and desparately need your help as it is ruining my fun. When I try to join the "join" indicator will not stay Blue . PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME Many thanks David Stokes
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Version 3.1.2 Problems

Post by Peter »

Hi David,

I'm not sure what you mean by the join indicator not staying blue? Have you changed your colour options in the settings?

What sort of information do you see in the session window? Do you see connections to everyone else in the session?

Do you see any errors or problems in the Monitor window output?

Peter
davidstokes

Post by davidstokes »

Hi Peter Many thanks for your prompt reply however the problem has been sorted. It appears that NBN were doing some renovations to their service at the same time I was trying to log on to JoinFS.All is well now Regards david Stokesw
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Thanks for the update on the resolution. Glad all is now well.

Peter
davidstokes

Post by davidstokes »

Hi Peter All is not well. I have now got all the hubs showing Green and my friends can see me BUT I cannot see them. I think the problem lies with my Router but I am not sure how to fix it. Its most likely the port forwarding so any help in getting the settings right would be most appreciated Regards david
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

There is plenty of information on the internet about port forwarding, for example, https://www.wikihow.com/Set-Up-Port-For ... n-a-Router

You need to choose which port you want to use. The default is 6112 but you can change it in the JoinFS settings. Then you need to configure the router to port forward that port number, UDP-only, to your PC's IP address, which needs to be a static IP address. You can set a static IP address in the Windows network settings.

Peter