New Global Server Method?

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Travis

New Global Server Method?

Post by Travis »

What is the new Global Server method to get onto global in the app/menus? Was this removed? I cheated and went into the config file and changed the 2 settings that could be it and it worked fine, however, I don't expect others to be as diligent as I, even then I got frustrated after a few days. Maybe this is why we have had very few global servers lately and after updates. I think this setting was removed or the code is not compiling and being omitted on the menu. Errors/warnings there?
Peter
Site Admin

Re: New Global Server Method?

Post by Peter »

The interface changed about six months ago but all the functionality is still there. You just need to enable it in the settings. From the main menu click File|Settings and tick 'Join gobal session at launch'. If you run a hub you just need to enable that setting or add '-global' to the command line.

Peter
Travis

Post by Travis »

I tried that, but it did not seem to change it. Maybe that was just lack of doing something properly.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

If you enable hub mode and tick 'Join global session at launch', then restart JoinFS you should be listed as a Global hub. Seems to work ok here.

Peter