Issue: Public Hubs no longer display.

Report problems with JoinFS.
HB-MIL

Issue: Public Hubs no longer display.

Post by HB-MIL »

Since a repair of Windows 10, the hubs, or concentrators, are no longer displayed in the window (see image).
All firewalls are OK, and JointFS is allowed. My router has not changed. Do you have a solution?
By HB-MIL
Attachments
JoinFS Règlages.PNG
JoinFS Règlages.PNG (62.12 KiB) Viewed 3407 times
JoinFS Hubs Publics.PNG
JoinFS Hubs Publics.PNG (17.46 KiB) Viewed 3407 times
Sparrawk

Re: Issue: Public Hubs no longer display.

Post by Sparrawk »

Hi, Same here!. 21 okctober played with friends. Afther that day nothing changed. All green, Port forwarding is on, etc. Even with FireWalls off no public Hubs in view. Even no offline hubs shows up.
Join FS deinstalled, installed again etc. Nu Public Hubs. Even Beta version tried JoinFS(test). Same problem on that version.
Who can help me?
Last edited by Sparrawk on Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clm79

Post by clm79 »

Hi,

same here. Cannot see any items in the public hub list. Win10 firewall JoinFS is allowed "anything", router port forwarding is set UDP 6112 inbound, XPlane plugin and VC_redist installed, plugin showing in the xplane active plugin list. Tried uninstalling JoinFS, getting an older archived version, or also tried the BETA version. No change. Also tried to completely deactivate the Win10 firewall, no change. Current JoinFS version 3.1.2 (but tried several others). When i join globally "Network"-Button turns green, but i only can see my own aircraft in the Aircraft list. Also tried running JoinFS as administrator, no change. Port forwarding test on https://check-host.net/check-udp with <my-external-ip>:6112 shows "Open".

Any more ideas?

Cheerz, Clem
HB-MIL

Post by HB-MIL »

Hello to you,
I have tried everything. Same as clm79 and Sparrawk. Installed an old version, (2.1.3), reinstalled the latest (3.1.2). Still to no avail. All my configuration looks in order. For me, the problem must come from JoinFS since version 3.xx because, to see, I am not the only one concerned. I read that some ended up on Discord. I don't know if a solution has since been found, but in the meantime I can't use JoinFS anymore.
If anyone has the solution, thanks.
clm79

Post by clm79 »

Ok,

i found the solution for me, as i checked which applications are listening on UDP 6112 on my PC (using Resource-Monitor):
ABService.exe listened on UDP 6112, too. Thats the AOMEI Backupper Service (it's for scheduled PC backups), i just stopped it on my PC and set it to startup type manual, as i dont run any automatic scheduled backups at all.

Cheerz,
Clem
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

clm79 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:50 am Ok,

i found the solution for me, as i checked which applications are listening on UDP 6112 on my PC (using Resource-Monitor):
ABService.exe listened on UDP 6112, too. Thats the AOMEI Backupper Service (it's for scheduled PC backups), i just stopped it on my PC and set it to startup type manual, as i dont run any automatic scheduled backups at all.

Cheerz,
Clem
Thanks for reporting this. You can also change the port that JoinFS uses in the settings, "Choose my own port". Just change it to use a different one that you know is not being used.

Peter
HB-MIL

Post by HB-MIL »

Merci, je vais essayer cette option.
HB-MIL
HB-MIL

Post by HB-MIL »

Thanks, I will try this option.
HB-MIL
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

...and if you do change the port in the settings, don't forget to change the corresponding port forward on the router if you have it set up.

Peter