Network and connection problems

Report problems with JoinFS.
OLYMPUS38

Re: Network and connection problems

Post by OLYMPUS38 »

Yes, of course, we are using MSFS2020 with exactly the same version and the same settings.
baron G58 is available in the MSFS2020 menu .
It was the plane used to day but we have the same result with the others planes of MSFS. We have also the same settings in JoinFS and model scan on connect is ticked. We see a correct green connection in View/Session and in View/Airplanes with correct planes displayed . We have made many tries to solve the problem . One difference between our two MSFS202 is that his version come from Steam and mine is a Microsoft store version but this afternoon, he can tried with another version not coming from Steam and always the same result. It seems according to the log.txt of JoinFS on his PC that Simconnect is unable to inject the plane in his FS2020, i have not this message in my log of JoinFS. We have tried to verify the version of Simconnect but it's very hard because Simconnect is used by several applications ( LittleNav Map, Volanta, etc ) we have found many files referring to Simconnect.
he used the same version as mine because i send him the installer....We are very perplexed on that problem since more a month and actually found no answer....

Jean Charles
jer029

Post by jer029 »

I've not tried this with two different MSFS, but we have issues with one MSFS and the other FSX-steam. Regular FSX sees both planes but FSX-steam doesn't see the MSFS aircraft. I'm wondering if there's an issue with steam-based sims and plane injection through JoinFS.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

jer029 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:07 pm I've not tried this with two different MSFS, but we have issues with one MSFS and the other FSX-steam. Regular FSX sees both planes but FSX-steam doesn't see the MSFS aircraft. I'm wondering if there's an issue with steam-based sims and plane injection through JoinFS.
There shouldn't be any difference between FSX and FSX Steam. I use FSX Steam here and have no problems with injection. Make sure that you have the correct SimConnect installed, https://pmem.uk/SimConnect.msi, scan for models from the File menu to make sure you have models listed and then use the substitute option in the aircraft list. Make sure you have Elevation Correction setting enable. Try getting into the air and reconnecting the simulator using the simulator button.

Peter
jer029

Post by jer029 »

Thanks for the quick reply Peter. I think we've checked all the boxes but for sim connect. Will check further.

John
jer029

Post by jer029 »

Peter,

Your download link is for simconnect version 10.0.61259.0 but
the dll version with download of joinfs 2.0.5 is 10.0.61637.0.

Should not the latest download of joinfs also have the latest simconnect version?

Also...we can connect but the Aircraft Distance field is red. From your forum I read this likely a model matching issue. We've tried different models and cannot get any to work. It seems that when the connection is between MSFS and FSXSE I can see him but he cannot see me and if MSFS and P3D he can see me but I cannot see him.

Our simulator and network connection buttons are green.

Thanks,

John
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Join,

thanks for the heads up on the versions. I'll look into that.

Have you done a scan for models from the menu?

Have you tried connecting while in the air? I think there is an issue when the ground elevations are different. Before it has a chance to do the elevation correction is injects just below the ground. This is fine in MSFS and X-Plane, but in FSX it immediately reject it, and won't add it after that, until you reconnect the simulator. I will need to find a way around that, assuming that what you are seeing is the same issue, of course.

Peter
jer029

Post by jer029 »

Thanks Peter,

The elevation-connection issue is very interesting and I must look into that. I've scanned models but he claims that FSX-steam doesn't allow model-scanning with JoinFS. The elevation issue seems possible because I think I hear his engine when he is near by, but I don't see his plane and the Distance field for his plane is red. We both have elevation correction checked. We will have to try to disconnect/reconnect in the air to see if this corrects the issue.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

jer029 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:51 pm but he claims that FSX-steam doesn't allow model-scanning with JoinFS.
That is not correct. All he needs to do, once connected to FSX:Steam (make sure he has the correct SimConnect installed), is select 'File|Scan For Models' and specify the FSX root folder, which will be '<Steam>\steamapps\common\FSX'

Peter
jer029

Post by jer029 »

Thanks Peter!

Yes...it would appear that his simconnect version was not the correct one, as he could not scan for models. With the install from your link - he successfully scanned models and we're working again.

We'll be contributing to your site and efforts, as our virtual airline uses your software for our group flights.

I wanted to add my virtual airline to your list of airlines but the link was broken, and you probably don't have our VA logo anyway.

Again,

Thank you so much. Now we can help our other pilots in a more informed manner.

John
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi John,

that's great that you have managed to find the solution.

I can certainly add a link to your VA with a logo, if you wish to send it to me via a private message. If the link was broken earlier, it may be because I am currently in the process of migrating the website to joinfs.net, so there may be occasional interruptions.

Peter
TopGunMaverick

Post by TopGunMaverick »

Hey guys I'm new to all this so please bare with me. So my network goes green but simulator goes orange. Anyone know how to fix that? Also when I scan model to set everything up it says the sim has to be running and it already is. Is there a fix for that? Would like to get it working so I can experience multiplayer in fsx for the first time.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi, you just need to install this SimConnect interface so that JoinFS can connect, https://joinfs.net/SimConnect.msi

Peter