This is the latest BETA version of JoinFS and may be unstable. This test version will install as a completely separate Windows application called 'JoinFS (TEST)' on the desktop. Both the main release and BETA versions can safely be installed at the same time.
- New loop feature in the recorder. Button for enabling looped play back of a recording.
- Fixed seeded hub list errors.
- Fixed crash when playing back a recording and connected to X-Plane.
- Fixed error messages, duplicate variable IDs.
- Fixed indexed smoke variables, e.g. "smoke enable:1".
- Fixed whazzup.txt error message in the monitor window.
- Moved variable initialization to post object creation.
- Increased maximum nodes per device allowed.
- Attempted fix for engine state on injected aircraft. Added INJECTED option to variable files.
- Fixed frequent Out Of Memory crash. Please check the monitor output because it was probably related to a lot of message output.
- Added Aerosoft A333, A321, A320, A319, A318 to scan window.
- Added Aermacchi MB-339 to scan window.
- Fixed incorrect gear state.
- Fixed smoke bug.
- Added 'INJECTED' option to the variables file format. This means that a variable will get updated on an injected aircraft. Without this option the variable will only affect shared cockpit.
- Fixed unhandled exception crash.
- Fixed empty fuel tank bug when doing shared cockpit between X-Plane and FSX/P3D/MSFS2020.
- Added link to JoinFS.net forum.
- Fixed missing flight plan and aircraft data.
- Migrated smoke system, fuel and payload to new variable system. Migration now completed.
- Smoke system values 1, 2, 3 etc can be added by assigning a custom variable file defining the SimConnect variables 'SMOKE ENABLE:N' where N is the index.
- Removed options to hand over navigation and other controls in shared cockpit. All controls, except flight, throttle and prop can be changed by all pilots in shared cockpit.
- Migrated all piston and turbine data to the new variable synchronization system. See variable files in '[USER]\Documents\JoinFS\Variables\'.
- Fixed issue with variables file for models containing the character symbol '|'. Changed the separator to '[+]'
- Localization of new variables UI.
- New 'File|Assign Variables' menu option for setting up which files (variable lists) are associated with each model.
- New aircraft window option 'Assign Variables' for setting up variable files for the selected aircraft model.
- Rebuilt Windows/Linux X-Plane plugin.
- Default variable files now include 'Plane.txt', 'Rotorcraft.txt', 'SingleProp.txt', 'TwinProp.txt', 'QuadProp.txt', 'SingleTurbine.txt', 'TwinTurbine.txt', 'QuadTurbine.txt'
- The engine-specific files listed above are currently empty. These will be populated in the coming versions of JoinFS.
- Note: custom variable files should be created under '[USER]\Documents\JoinFS\Variables\' and assigned to aircraft with the new interface options.
- Note: Enable the monitor window option 'Variables' in order to monitor the live changes in values.
- Added new add-on option in the scan window for the MilViz T-45C Goshawk.
- More variables migrated to new system - plane and rotorcraft specific.
- Left/right brakes added to variables.
- Reset variable system on simulator reconnect.
- Added variables option to monitor output.
- Added 'PILOT' option to variables file format to specifiy a shared cockpit variable that only the pilot can update.
- Completion of variable synchronization.
- Added more variables to '
\JoinFS\Variables\Plane.txt' and ' \JoinFS\Variables\Rotorcraft.txt'.
- Fixed scan issue with MSFS 2020 model folders.
- Fixed error in Dutch translation, "Netwerk".
- Fixed GUID for installation of win.xpl.
- Automatically generates a six digit nickname if length is less than 2 characters.
- Fixed settings bug.
- Fixed user ID bug.
- New variable sychronization system, currently only beacon and landing lights synched.
- New '
\Documents\JoinFS\Variables\' folder for variable definitions. 'General.txt' applies to all aircraft.
- Variable definition format - '
|X-Plane dataref|SimConnect name|Option1|Option2|...'
- Whazzup.txt should now be accessed from '
- Moved some Windows UI calls onto the correct thread.
- Auto Refresh setting now on by default.
- Fixed incorrect MSFS2020 Carenado information in the models file.
- -nosim option now removes all simulator functionality.
- Moved SimCom X link to the File menu and rearranged.
- Empty X-Plane Address in the settings now means use local machine loopback 127.0.0.1.
- New 'Show on Radar' option in the aircraft list to show/hide aircraft from maps.
- Added support for long file names to possibly fix MSFS2020 scan issue for some users.
- Migrated all JoinFS settings from the Windows registry to '
- New 'Reset' button on the settings window to change all JoinFS settings back to the defaults.
- Rearranged the About window.
- Now asks to install the X-Plane plugin and SimConnect on the initial launch of JoinFS after installation.
- Fixed the Join box on the main window to show the correct information after starting.
- Added some extra debug information to track down occasional connection issue.
- Fixed X-Plane ICAO type for flight plan, map and TCAS. Previously always shown as C172.
- Fixed insertion error for aircraft with a long hyphen character in the title.
- New command line option '-nogui'. Runs JoinFS purely as a background process without any user interface. Useful for hubs/servers/linux.
- New command line option '-quit'. Terminates all instances of JoinFS currently running on the machine.
- Fixed missing gear on some X-Plane airliners.
- Portuguese localisation.
- Added new option to the aircraft list to switch on/off simulator aircraft. Off by default.
- Removed appended objects from X-Plane aircraft. For example Dreamfoil Bell 407.
- Fixed X-Plane incorrect number of TCAS aircraft.
- Added stats and diagnostics to the monitor. Right click in the Monitor window
- Encoded IP addresses in the monitor output.
- Changed links to https://joinfs.net
- Changed email to email@example.com
- Updated JoinFS map link.
- Failed injected aircraft can now be substituted from the aircraft list.
- Fixed incorrect model title showing for the user and AI in the aircraft list.
- Italian and German localization updates.
- New Spanish localization.
- French localization.
- Fixed X-Plane labels showing ahead when aircraft are behind you.
- Reorganized the main window. Removed unnecessary labels and widened address boxes.
- Adjusted the scan window, with the check boxes now on the left so they can not disappear when long names are displayed.
- New Russian localization.
- Added simulator information to the aircraft window details. Useful for ATC controllers.
- Fixed IFR not appearing in whazzup.txt.
- Height adjustment is now set per type rather than per livery.
- Added X-Plane TCAS enable/disable setting. Plugin install required.
- Fixed missing 'Follow' setting bar.
- Updated .NET Framework required message.
- Dutch localization.
- New feature - aircraft height adjustment. See aircraft window, select aircraft, right-click, select 'Adjust Height...'
- Fixed X-Plane callsign substitution.
- Fixed recent aircraft list bug where 'sub model' was not showing the full information.
- Expanded on monitor messages during the loading of the data log file.
- German localization.
- Fixed missing hubs in the hub list.
- German localization.
- Temporary X-Plane injection folders are now cleaned automatically.
- Fixed address book status updates.
- Fixed connection issue related to http://ipv4.icanhazip.com/ returning an IPv6 address. Now using two different web services.
- Possibly fixed the elevation correction issues. Needs more testing. Please report your findings.
- Fixed X-Plane distance label.
- Moved X-Plane label upwards on the screen to avoid obscuring the aircraft at larger distances.
- Recreates the hub session when the port is changed.
- Fixed the save option in the session window when the nickname is not set.
- Hub and session windows are now refreshed when the address book is edited.
- Added extra network debug messages in the monitor window when 'detailed' is enabled.
- Fixed some settings that were not being changed immediately on closing the settings window.
- All windows now refresh after changing the settings.
- Fixed duplicate entries in the ATC window.
- Fixed crash in settings window - substring call.
- Removed temporary X-Plane plugin debug message.
- Changed pending hub timers and timeouts.
- Log file name now contains network port number for concurrent instances.
- Log and hub files can be accessed by concurrent instances.
- Rebuilt X-Plane plugin. Install required from JoinFS settings.
- Incompatible with 1.x.x.. Changes to the low level network code.
- Maximum allowed hubs per internet IP address increased from one to four.
- Maximum allowed JoinFS instances per machine increased from one to four. For example, you can now run two hubs plus a simulator-connected JoinFS instance on the same PC.
- Changed the command line options so that they override the settings rather than replace them. This means you can run several JoinFS instances with different options and they will not conflict with permanent settings.
- Multiple log files when running multiple instances of JoinFS on the same machine.
- Fixed X-Plane connection problem conflicting with certain SimConnect.cfg configurations. Now uses concurrent SimConnect and X-Plane attempts.
- New setting 'Connect on Launch'. Allows you to decide whether JoinFS attempts to connect to the simulator on launch. Useful for stand alone hubs.
- New '-nosim' command line option. Disables simulator connect on launch. Useful for stand alone hubs.
- Monitor window dimensions now saved after close. Already happens with other windows.
- Tidied various connection messages.
- Added -whazzup and -whazzup-public command line options. Mirrors the equivalent settings.
- Hub 'address' setting has been renamed to 'domain' and should only be used if using a domain name for the hub server.
- Fixed 'Not Connected' simulator name from showing in the wrong language.
- Last resort for model matching now uses the first model in the list instead of a default FSX Cessna.
- Fixed empty aircraft type causing many aircraft to be missing from the JoinFS map.
- Increased the update frequency of aircraft positions for the JoinFS map. Should now show in real time.
- Fixed an issue relating to the hubs. It's possible that some resources and ports used by SimConnect were being continually allocated. Connection attempts to the simulator have been reduced to six.
- Fixed address book from rejecting IP format addresses.
- Asks new users/installations if they wish to install SimConnect.
- New options in the scan window for addon aircraft. MSFS2020 options for Asobo Standard, Deluxe and Premium aircraft.
- Nicknames must now be at least two characters. Blank nicknames no longer allowed.
- Removed the 'Choose default' pop up windows. Defaults are now automatically set, but can still be edited in 'File|Model Matching' as required.
- Size of Monitor window can now be changed.
- Fixed 'from' and 'to' in the whazzup.txt file to default to the simulator.
Versions 1.7.1, 1.7.2, 1.7.3
- Linux support for X-Plane. Install the X-Plane plugin in the usual way from File|Settings. 'lin.xpl' will be placed in 'plugins/JoinFS/64/'.
- Fixed X-Plane connection from frequently dropping while in the X-Plane menus.
- Fixed X-Plane Log.txt warning message on closing X-Plane.
- Flight Plan support.
- New 'File Flight Plan' option in the Aircraft view to file flight plans for aircraft that belong to you.
- New 'Copy Flight Plan' option in the Aircraft view to copy someone elses flight plan and file it for your own aircraft.
- Changed the font used to display data in all windows.
- Reduced minimum size of Session window.
- Change text 'ATC / Comms' to 'Voice'.
- Fixed bug that caused the P3D add-ons folder to be scanned for models when connected to FSX and MSFS2020, resulting in invalid models being included in the model list.
- Model scanning now supported for MSFS2020. The model list is automatically populated with the base set of Asobo models.
- Note: For MSFS2020 the scan requires the 'Flight Simulator Packages' folder instead of the simulator root folder.
- The 'Always scan' option is now available in the 'File|Scan For Models' window as well as the 'File|Settings' window.
- X-Plane TCAS map support.
- Fixed X-Plane connection state which stayed green when connection drops. JoinFS will attempt to reconnect when X-Plane is in the menus and the plugins are not procesed.
- Added tool tips for label options in File|Settings.
- Labels now shown in X-Plane. See File|Settings to configure the label colour and information.
- Recordings can now be broadcast from X-Plane to others in the session. Previously broken.
- Recordings can now be broadcast without the simulator connected.
- Shortcuts keys are now disabled by default. They can be enabled/disabled from the File|Shortcuts window.
- Shortcuts keys can now be changed from the File|Shortcuts window.
- Fixed errors on X-Plane injection for certain aircraft with duplicate object references in the acf file.
- Fixed a serious network bug introduced in 1.5.12.
- Fixed MSFS bug that caused the model list to frequently get cleared and asking for default models. The model list should now expand over time as new models appear in MSFS.
- Fixed file access error appearing in the monitor window.
- Possible fix for height problem in X-Plane shared cockpit. The co-pilot aircraft was being dragged along the ground beneath its correct position.
- Fixed pauses when aircraft are injected into X-Plane. Now using X-Plane's asynchronous load API.
- Tool tips now show when the mouse pointer hovers over the JoinFS buttons and window items.
- Fixed some instruments in X-Plane shared cockpit. ASI, VSI, altimeter, turn indicator. Other instruments still need some work.
- Fixed position issue with X-Plane aircraft. There is still a slight problem with the vertical position, still investigating.
- Fixed X-Plane to only render the necessary objects for any aircraft.
- Fixed missing character for model name in monitor window (X-Plane).
- Text changes to shortcuts and options windows.
- Keyboard input and shortcut keys. See File|Shortcuts. For joysticks and other devices it is recommended to use an application such as JoyToKey to map the buttons to the keys.
- A list of command line options can now be referenced from File|Options.
- Fixed X-Plane aircraft inject bug affecting those with 'Model scan on connection' disabled.
- Fixed X-Plane incorrect position updates in shared cockpit mode.
- X-Plane plugin overhaul. Now uses the instance rendering API.
- It is no longer a requirement to add any AI aircraft to the X-Plane flight configuration.
- The long pauses during the insertion of new aircraft has been largely removed. Often unnoticeable.
- The JoinFS plugin no longer acquires the X-Plane aircraft meaning that it no longer interferes with other plugins that do access the aircraft.
- Support for labels, map and aircraft animations will come in a later version.
- Bug fix - incorrect port numbers being received when joining a session.
- Bug fix - user list for each hub was being requested too often in 1.5.11.
- Renamed 'Friends' to 'Address Book'. The 'Friend' column in the session and hub views is now called 'Save'.
- Another attempt at removing the MSFS2020 'TTATCCOM' characters from the aircraft type. Should be fixed now.
- Network optimizations on user and hub updates.
- Removed columns user, aircraft and ATC from the Address Book. These are not really needed and this reduces network usage.
- Fixed the incorrect addresses sometimes shown in the Join box.
- Now shows 'Global' in the Join box when joined to the global session.
- Fixed bug that sometimes moved the cursor while typing an address in the Join box.
- Fixed joining issue when joining by friend.
- Trimmed spaces from the start and end of names and text.
- Fixed sorting hubs and users by version number.
- Tidied up the monitor messages.
- Hubs are now removed from the list when another node is no longer enabled as a hub.
- Fixed bug causing a failed aircraft insertion and showing as red in the Aircraft view. This affected models with double quotes at the end of the title.
- Model masquerading. You can now substitute your own aircraft model in the Aircraft view so that other people see you flying something else.
- You can now change your callsign in the Aircraft view. The new callsign will be stored and new callsigns can be assigned for each aircraft.
- Added a new default model match for four engine prop.
- Fixed incorrect port showing for your own entry in the Session view.
- Trimmed white spaces from address input.
- Added some debugging monitor messages for the new address system. Click 'detailed' to see them.
- Removed the "v " prefix of the version number on the main window.
- Fixed occasional crash to do with the Windows clipboard and copying the 'Me' address.
- Fixed a bug with the new address that was causing a '-' character before the address.
- Added 'Join' option to the ATC view.
- New JoinFS address system. Same format '12345 67890', but is static and doesn't change with your IP address. Please read this post.
- Bookmarks are now called Friends.
- The Session view user list now has a Friend column to more easily manage friends.
- Removed the extra text '/TTATCCOM.AC_MODEL' from the ATC type name.
- Selecting an item from the 'Join' drop-down list no longer connects immediately. You now need to click the 'Join' button to establish the connection.
- Hub names must now be at least three characters in length.
- New aircraft tracking feature. See Aircraft view, select aircraft, right-click and select tracking options. Your heading bug will then track another aircraft in real time.
- Removed duplicates appearing in the ATC view.
- Fixed bug that may have caused bad data appearing in the user list for public users, or an incorrect user count.
- Fixed some minor window refreshing problems.
- Password access. Any created session can now be restricted to password access only, including hubs. See JoinFS Settings to set the password before creating a new session.
- Inactive hubs are now cleared after 7 days instead of 14 days.
- Session user count is now back on the main window. Example '44:7' means 44 online public users and 7 users in your current session.
- Updated all website links to secure https URL.
- User view is now called Session view.
- Session view now has a chat feature for all users in the session.
- New right-click context menu available in all views. All options are now accessed this way.
- Reorganized the Hubs view. Unnecessary columns removed. Bookmark and Ignore can now be accessed in the hub list for faster review.
- Reorganized the Bookmarks view. Unnecessary columns removed.
- Improved the startup procedure so that JoinFS should be more responsive when launched.
- Column sorting now persists even after a relaunch or reboot.
- Callsign in Aircraft view is now left aligned.
- Removed corrupted aircraft type name showing for FS2020 aircraft.
- Found and fixed a bug in the internal hub list. This was potentially causing unnecessary bursts of bandwidth usage and slow updating of the lists, and possibly other issues.
- The main window now show total hub users instead of session users.
- Each view now shows the list counter in the window title.
- All lists can now be sorted by clicking on the column headers.
- Added new Public ATC view.
- Hub view is now referred to as Public Hub view.
- Removed any colon characters when writing the Whazzup.txt file.
- Remove white spaces from callsign.
- Added original aircraft model to the details window.
- Forced a window refresh a few seconds after connecting to improve responsiveness.
- Fixed heading and pilot frequency in the Whazzup.txt file.
- Changed the way the global session option is activated to avoid confusion for new users. The tick option is now a button press. To make it permanently on, enable 'Join global session at launch' in the JoinFS settings.
- SimConnect: Forced rename of "KittyHawk" to "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020".
- Model scanning no longer supported with MSFS 2020. Models are automatically discovered as they appear in the simulator.
- Attempt to fix scan error crash.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 support. Scan For Models with your 'Flight Simulator Packages' folder as the simulator folder.
- Not compatible with 1.4.29.
- Minor routing fix.
- Not compatible with 1.4.29.
- Please reinstall the X-Plane plugin from JoinFS Settings.
- Minor routing fix.
- Not compatible with 1.4.29.
- Fixed latency time.
- Removed redundant data from message header.
- Not compatible with 1.4.29.
- Fixed timeout bug.
- Not compatible with 1.4.29.
- Please reinstall the X-Plane plugin from JoinFS Settings.
- Routing rewrite.
- Compatible with 1.4.28.
- More connection fixes.
- Compatible with 1.4.27.
- Another fix for the current connection problems.
- Added version column to the hub list.
- Compatible with 1.4.26.
- Fixed incorrect node count in messages.
- Compatible with 1.4.25.
- Fix attempt for recent connection issue.
- Removed unnecessary warning for missing folder after removal of aircraft.
- Fixed email link on About window.
- Removed total user count from main window as it was no longer accurate.
- Not compatible with 1.4.20.
- Improved connection stability for X-Plane.
- Fixed a bug affecting aircraft positions in X-Plane - unrelated to elevation correction, but please keep checking this.
- Enabled support for offline private LAN sessions.
- Fixed failure to join another machine on the local LAN.
- Not compatible with 1.4.20.
- Fixed shared cockpit bug involving hand over of auxiliary controls only.
- Added a link to Simcom X, the ATC voice tool.
- Not compatible with 1.4.20.
- Fixed elevation correction for P3D/FSX. Elevation problems should now be sorted out - please use the forum if problems still exist.
- Fixed occasional crash when unticking the global option.
- Not compatible with 1.4.20.
- Fixed hub not creating session at launch.
- Not compatible with 1.4.20.
- New global session feature. Use the 'Global' tick box on the main window to enter/leave the global session.
- Fixed missing aircraft on hubs and non-simulator clients. Aircraft are updated but at a much lower frequency than simulator-connected clients.
- Added new setting to include AI aircraft in the whazzup file.
- Compatible with 1.4.19.
- Fixed elevation correction for X-Plane. Will only work if other aircraft are on at least version 1.4.20.
- Fixed issue where add-on aircraft which contain comments in their title were not being loaded.
- Optimized network traffic for hubs and clients that are not connected to a simulator.
- Compatible with 1.4.18.
- X-Plane, OBS rings synchronized.
- X-Plane, fuel synchronized.
- Simulator button goes red (fully disconnects) when X-Plane closes.
- Fixed recorder bug from previous version.
- Compatible with 1.4.17.
- Updated installer to include C++ redist 141.
- X-Plane shared cockpit: flaps, avionics, fuel selector, ADF frequency.
- Not compatible with 1.4.14.
- Fixed X-Plane shared cockpit synchronization issues.
- Added Fuel Pump and Pitot Heat switches to X-Plane shared cockpit.
- Not compatible with 1.4.14.
- Previous version broke the link with the X-Plane plugin. Please reinstall the plugin from the JoinFS Settings.
- Not compatible with 1.4.14.
- Recorded objects are now stationary in the simulator when a recording is paused during playback.
- When the simulator is paused, others will now see that user's aircraft as stationary.
- Compatible with 1.4.13.
- New commands in the Recorder menu for editing a recording ("Trim From Start", "Trim To End".)
- Moved recording commands to the Recorder window menu.
- Added menu item for appending to an existing recording.
- New context menu for the Aircraft List window. Right-click for options.
- New command "Remove From Recording" to delete objects from a recording.
- Compatible with 1.4.12.
- Fixed absent AI aircraft in aircraft list.
- Compatible with 1.4.11.
- Fixed shared cockpit zero fuel burn issue.
- Fixed duplicated entries in user/aircraft/whazzup lists.
- Fixed some hub sessions becoming merged together.
- Compatible with 1.4.10.
- German langauge fixes.
- Moved heading, altitude, speed, wind into the main aircraft list for easier reference.
- Fixed animations on some aircraft, and slight wobbling in the aircraft pitch. (broken in 1.4.10).
- Compatible with 1.4.9.
- German langauge fixes.
- Fixed duplicate entries in Edit Model Matching window.
- Fixed hub user list.
- Changed some shared controls back to event updates.
- Compatible with 1.4.8.
- German and Italian language support.
- Automatic model scan on connecting to the simulator. Can be disabled in the settings.
- Fixed 'FileNotFound' crash when SimConnect is not installed.
- Fixed auto broadcast. Option has been moved from 'Settings' to the aircraft list's 'Broadcast' options.
- Fixed ignore option in the aircraft list for local aircraft.
- Fixed incorrect autopilot altitude about FL320.
- Model matching data now cleared when disconnecting from the simulator.
- Compatible with 1.4.7.
- X-Plane should now be working as it was in 1.4.3.
- Shared cockpit should now be working as it was in 1.4.3.
- Fixed smoke problem - no smoke was transmitted on some clients due to initialization issue.
- Control surfaces and brakes updated as variables on network aircraft. Should have been done in 1.4.6.
- Compatible with 1.4.6.
- Lights and avionics re-enabled on network aircraft.
- Fixed incorrect data types. May have been responsible for a reported crash.
- Shared cockpit and X-Plane will be fixed in the next version.
- Not compatible with previous versions.
- Note: This version is only intended for testing of the Prepar3D v4 engine cut-off bug.
- Note: some functionality is broken in this version, shared cockpit, lights, X-Plane.
- Overhaul of the aircraft update mechanism.
- Reciprocating and turbine engines are now handled separately. More data is synced in both cases.
- Additional rotorcraft data synced, rotor brake, clutch, gov switch, lateral trim, turbine engine.
- Compatible with 1.4.3.
- Workaround for the engine cut-off Prepar3D v4 bug.
- Customizable indicator colours. See File|Settings.
- Reordered the user list columns for convenience.
- Fixed bug with some encoded addresses.
- Fixed problem when using the hub/bookmark 'Join' buttons while currently connected.
- Permission button on the user list now disabled for self.
- Changed the default button on the main window to the 'Join' button instead of 'Auto Join'.
- Compatible with 1.4.2.
- Fixed crash on 'Browse' button during model scan.
- Fixed problem with empty address bookmarks.
- Fixed X-Plane shared cockpit controls - alternator, lights, throttle, prop, mixture.
- Fixed multi-threading issues.
- Comms window help message.
- Comms window, user list now uses channel colours to show a user's last transmission channel.
- Compatible with 1.4.1.
- Fixed crash when a hub client opens the hub list.
- Compatible with 1.4.0.
- Please be vigilant for bugs and performance changes in this version due to the changes involved.
- Major restructuring of the multi-threaded code - possible fix for the P3Dv4 engine cut-off bug.
- Weather update fix. (Weather still needs a bit of an overhaul.)
- Comms user list is now populated for global users that have the comms window open.
- Compatible with 1.3.9.
- Separate X-Plane plugin port for the TEST build and an enable option in settings.
- Comms fix for the history expire time.
- Ignore contact from the comms window.
- Modified comms window colours.
- Compatible with 1.3.7.
- Fixed X-Plane plugin version.
- Compatible with 1.3.6.
- Fixed user list, ignore and connected columns.
- Changed user list simulator column to show 'Not Connected' instead of 'Unknown'.
- Groundwork for text-based global comms channel.
- Compatible with 1.3.5.
- Fixed aileron and rudder trim sychronization. Probable fix for banking aircraft bug.
- Fixed smoke from switching off after a few seconds.
- X-Plane - Fixed disconnects while a user is in the X-Plane UI.
- JoinFS version and simulator are now shown for each user in the user list.
- Compatible with 1.3.4.
- Modified the bookmark entry window to suit the new address format.
- Fixed issue where out of range aircraft initially get injected and then removed.
- Fixed corrupt log messages.
- Compatible with 1.3.3.
- Fixed bug preventing X-Plane shared cockpit.
- Detailed logging option in monitor window. Primarily to help solve the engine cut-out bug.
- New method employed for elevation correction. P3D/FSX only.
- X-Plane aircraft change is now reflected in JoinFS.
- Changed option 'Show empty hubs' to 'Show offline hubs'. Means that event notifications are visible to more people and there is less risk of concentrating users on certain hubs.
- JoinFS now closes when clicking on 'New Version Available' link.
- Compatible with 1.3.2.
- Requires reinstallation of the X-Plane plugin from 'File|Settings'.
- Changed the way X-Plane multiplayer slots are allocated, which should fix the colocated aircraft bug and the stuttering on model loading.
- Removed incorrect colon character from the port number in the 'Me' box.
- Compatible with 1.3.1.
- Had to rename model matching file. Rescan required. If you wish to keep your old match settings, please copy+paste them from the 'matching' text files in '
- Fixed error message "Failed to initialize SimConnect".
- Compatible with 1.3.0.
- No longer crashes and runs normally when SimConnect is not installed on the user's system. Useful for X-Plane users and dedicated JoinFS servers.
- Attempted fix for crash when clicking the Browse button.
- Fixed compass gyro synchronization.
- Attempted fix for occasional desynched controls.
- Separate log files for stable and test builds.
- Compatible with 1.2.10.
- X-Plane support (see manual).
- Possible fix for P3D and shared cockpit control issues. It's a related issue that may have been the cause of those problems.
- Fixed floating aircraft that occurred in certain circumstances.
- Compatible with 1.2.9.
- Fixed a problem with the propagation of the hub list. Some users, particularly new users may not have seen the full list.
- Compatible with 1.2.8.
- Autopilot states are now synchronized.
- DME selector is now synchronized.
- Altimeter is now synchronized.
- Reorganized shared cockpit control groups. Engine now part of Flight. Second group includes gear, flaps. Third is navigation and autopilot.
- Added support for Third Party Events from 0x11000 - 0x1100A.
- Dead objects should now expire and get deleted.
- Improved messages in the monitor window to aid problem solving.
- Settings - Port, Enable Hub Mode and Whazzup are now independant for the test build. Allows both stable and test builds to run concurrently.
- Fixed crash when clicking View Logs before a log has been saved.
- Incompatible with all previous versions (except recordings.)
- All smoke entries (up to 99) are now synchronized. These are sometimes used for animations on some aircraft add-ons.
- Fuel tank levels are now synchronized.
- Payload weights (up to 20) are now synchronized.
- Heading indicator is now synchronized.
- Fixed local network connections. Can now connect to a LAN client or hub session directly using local IP address. All users should be visible.
- Reduced load on Simconnect by changing the way that data updates are done.
- Renewed software certificate.
- Whazzup file now updated every second.
- Removed confusing letters from the permissions window. They do not represent key presses, but are displayed in the permissions column.
- Removed the dash character from the address format to make it more legible. Format is now "12345 67890", or "12345 67890 6112" if including the port.
- Permanently removed the system tray feature. It was not actually getting processed as intended. You can still minimize JoinFS to the task bar.
- Compatible with 1.2.6.
- Fixed 'Invalid index' error on auto refresh.
- Fixed the Join button on the hub and bookmark views when JoinFS is already connected. It now connects to the newly selected hub.
- Compatible with 1.2.5.
- New option in File|Settings for the automatic refresh of open views.
- IP addresses are now encoded. See manual.
- Model scan settings for sub-folders and additional folders is now remembered for subsequent scans.
- Compatible with 1.2.3.
- Added setting for disabling automatic elevation correction.
- Compatible with 1.2.2.
- Shared cockpit - autopilot master switch and heading/altitude hold.
- Fixed French translations.
- Added Dutch translations.
- Fixed refresh button position on aircraft list.
- Fixed some minor issues with hub list propagation.
- Forgot to change software license back to freeware.
- Removed 'Last Online' column in hub list. Not needed.
- Added option 'List empty hubs' to the hub list. Defaults to off.
- Compatible with 1.1.16.
- Fixed interaction with hub detail window.
- User now shown on the main window status bar ('Session users' 'hub users').
- Compatible with 1.1.15.
- New Auto Join button that keeps you connected to the best hub based on your location. Means you see other nearby aircraft.
- 3rd party events now propagated.
- Smoke index events now propagated.
- All list windows now require manual refresh using the 'Refresh' button. Auto updating was possibly causing performance issues on some PCs.
- Added 'View Map' button to the hub list.
- Added color to 'Connected' column on the user list.
- Moved gear and flaps to 'Other' controls for shared cockpit.
- Increased maximum circle of activity/radar to 600nm.
- Fixed duplicate entries when 'Include public users' is ticked.
- Fixed shared cockpit brake problem.
- Using different service for backup external IP address. Was giving IPv6 in some cases.
- Fixed minor network messaging bug.
- Fixed heading error in whazzup file.
- Fixed issue with online version check failing.
- Whazzup file fixes, nickname and removal of hyphens in aircraft type.
- Fixed shared cockpit message saying that you do not have permission to enter.
- Fixed shared cockpit bugs: throttle/mixture sync and juddering on flight control hand over.
- Shared cockpit: engine and other controls are now handed over in the same way as flight controls.
- Fixed possible thread lock issue.
- Simconnect updates have been returned to 10 per second to improve stability on some PCs.
- Fixed crash in user list.
- Fixed continually repeated entries on refresh of global user list.
- Fixed disabled global option for Whazzup file.
- Fixed incorrect latitude/longitude values.
- Option to list global users on the aircraft/user list and whazzup file.
- Fixed shared cockpit heading bug, trim, throttle, mixture, prop, spoiler, wing fold. Removal of empty aircraft.
- Changes to frequency and history of EuroScope file.
- Removed FSX@War objects from Tacpack broadcast option.
- Fix to allow recordings from version 1.1.8 to be opened.
- Adjust simconnect frequency again. Synced with frame rate.
- Objects get repositioned if they stray too far from network position.
- Removed 'Copy Plan' button. Will be implemented as part of a future chat window.
- Fixed missing distance data for recorded aircraft.
- Fixed long delay/pause when launching JoinFS.
- Distance column in the aircraft list is now highlighted to indicate the simulator injection status.
- Fixed ATC callsign in users list and whazzup.txt.
- Fixed missing data in the users list from version 1.1.9.
- Prevented Tacpack placeholder objects from being unnecessarily broadcast over the network.
- Network objects are now cleaned up immediately on removal, instead of being left to expire.
- Fixed circle of activity value. The setting is now linear from 2-200nm. Maximum is limited to FSX.
- Reduced number of SimConnect updates. Was unnecessarily frequent in version 1.1.9. (Not related to network updates)
- Fixed incorrect squawk code in the aircraft list.
- Multithreading - to reduce overall latency and help eliminate minor jitters.
- Fixed shared cockpit issues.
- Terminology change - the nodes list is now known as the users list.
- Fixed recorder bug where some aircraft recorded at wrong times.
- Whazzup file - removed hyphens in callsign.
- Fixed shared flight controls.
- Fixed empty radar/GPS bug from previous version.
- Fixed recorder for network aircraft.
- Added current FPS to monitor window.
- Fixed Whazzup file data.
- Fixed missing To/From bug introduced in previous version.
- Fixed crash in Tacpack model name.
- Shared cockpit controls. Flight controls do not work particularly well yet.
- Model matching now uses a default for each aircraft type-role.
- Automatic height adjustment of aircraft when people are using different airport scenery.
- Closing JoinFS using the X button now disconnects properly from the session.
- Bearing and heading now shown in object list.
- Objects can be selected for broadcast individually, by model, or by VRS Tacpack.
- Object list items can now be grouped using a tick box option.
- Whazzup FSD file support.
- Support for EuroScope radar software.
- Indicators on main form now function as buttons as well.
- Simulator reconnection attempts limited to 3.
- Case insensitive scan for 'Title=' keywords.
- Static simulator objects are now detected and can be broadcast.
- Fixed error when clicking on empty 'My IP' box.
- More French translations.
- Separate model matching for each installed simulator. Rescan required.
- Added missing resource DLL for French translation.
- Fixed a couple of problems obtaining 'My IP'.
- Substitution window now takes optional filter words to narrow down the list of aircraft types.
- Automatic substitution for aircraft that use custom paints or have similar model names. Suffix is '(A)'.
- Fixed bug where program appears to hang when using 'UI Always On Top' setting.
- First attempt at enabling aircraft on Euroscope. See settings.
- Hyphens now accepted in bookmark domain names.
- Minimize window to system tray. See settings.
- Fix for the tumbling aircraft during aerobatics.
- Bitcoin donations now accepted.
- French translation.
- Hyperlinks now active on the hub list.
- Added extra network details to the node list.
- Renamed 'Analyser' window as 'Recorder'.
- Free resources used for http operations, to fix reported case of Windows port error.
- Possible fix for rare case of all aircraft flying off randomly.
- Offline hubs are now removed after two weeks.
- Ignored aircraft are now hidden. Use 'List ignored' to show all.
- Added confirmation for ignoring hubs.
- Join button for the hub list is disabled for offline hubs.
- Fixed problem with bookmark address.
- Hubs using non-default port value now appear correctly in the hub list.
- Tacpack related local objects are broadcast by default. No need to use auto-broadcast option.
- No longer crashes when website is unavailable.
- Modified routing tolerances to fix disconnects over low quality connections.
- Restored drop down bookmark list for quick joining.
- Fixed incorrect warning when substitute list is empty. Asks for a default model.
- Shortened statistics headers on hub and bookmark lists.
- Fixed scan for models, including AeroSoft Airbus and other objects. Please rescan your models.
- System tray support. See File menu, or "-tray" on command line.
- Setting for Always On Top window state.
- Fixed bug when "Join session, leave, join same session again.
- Informative warning when the correct SimConnect version is missing.
- Fixed the window update for hubs and bookmarks.
- Object list features: broadcast, ignore, substitute boats and vehicles.
Command line options:
- -play "file"
- -join address
- -port number
- -hubaddress address
- -hubname "name"
- -hubabout "description"
- -hubvoip "voice server"
- -hubevent "next event details"
- -nickname "nickname"
- -activitycircle number
- -follow distance
- -airport ICAO code
- Can now sort hub and bookmark lists by clicking on the column headers.
- Fixed incorrect reporting of object counts in the hub and bookmark lists.
- Updated data version.
- Initial release of the hub network. See menu, View|Hubs and settings.
- Terminology change - Pilot list is now the Node list. Makes more sense as some may be controllers.
- Fixed multiple-engine bug.
- Fixed jumpy network aircraft on recordings.
- Warning when in ATC Mode and recording.
- Redesigned the model matching window. Now shows a list of all current substitutions.
- Fixed standby frequencies for shared cockpit.
- Fixed From/To airport schedule.
- Fixed some issues with the monitor window getting overloaded.
- Removed some IP addresses for non-hub clients. Privacy measure.
- Fixed bug which could cause sessions to combine. Improved session management.
- Objects window now partially functional.
- New application icon.
- Minor fix for ATC mode, callsign.
- Fixed a couple of minor bugs when switching between airplanes and helicopters.
- In ATC Mode, now initialises aircraft's airline and flight number.
- Fixed aircraft count on pilot list.
- Fixed network bug.
- Fixed bug on empty 'My IP'.
- Optimized network packets to reduce bandwidth consumption.
- Fixed network bugs.
- Code to prevent routing overload.
- Network data reduced for objects beyond activity circle.
- Fixed route address on pilot list.
- Added Com1/Com2 to aircraft list.
- Fixed jumbled frequencies. All Com/Nav/Adf should now work in shared cockpit.
- New pilot list replaces Network window. Ignoring a pilot here will ignore all their aircraft and objects.
- Fixed helicopter issue causing errors and failure to add model to the simulator.
- Pilots with different versions of the network data can not connect to the same session, to improve stability between versions.
- Added object (ground/boat) list. Currently disabled until after special Christmas event.
- Fixed bug where aircraft were not getting removed when a pilot leaves.
- Test version now uses same settings as the stable version.
- Added support for large guaranteed network packets.
- Added backup source for 'My IP'.
- Can now ignore any simulator aircraft including duplicates created by VATSIM and IVAO clients.
- Fixed Share Cockpit and Ignore tick boxes.
- Fixed model scanner to find 'title =' prefix (space before equals).
- Fixed misaligned columns in aircraft details.
- Hub settings. Not functional yet, work in progress.
- Remove duplicate aircraft when connecting to VATSIM.
- Now storing timestamps in double precision.
- Enter Cockpit enabled on recorded/AI aircraft.
- Transmitting fuel selector, avionics, COM TX, COM, NAV, ADF frequencies.
- Added "(S)" for substituted and "(D)" for default in the aircraft list model column.
- Fixed bug in recording network aircraft.
- Fixed canopy and flap animations.
- Ability to ignore other pilots. All aircraft owned by that pilot will not be inserted into the simulator.
- Pilots can now decide whom they wish to share their cockpit with. Tick box in aircraft list. Can be globally shared in 'File|Settings'.
- Fixed missing buttons in aircraft list.
- Removed longitude and latitude from Settings. Not needed.
- 'My IP' address is now cached each day.
- New setting to specify the circle of activity for inserting aircraft into the simulator.
- New ATC Mode setting to show aircraft on the default radar. Intended only for controllers because there are visual side-effects for the aircraft.
- 'Scan For Models' now allows selection of SimObject folders and additional extra folders.
- Now checks for an empty model list at launch and if necessary asks to scan for models.
- Shows Mach number instead of knots at large speeds.
- Asks for a default model if one has not yet been set.
- Fixed recorder bug when recording network aircraft.
- Terminology change. 'Join Cockpit' is now called 'Enter Cockpit'.
- Terminology change. 'Unknown' model is now called 'Default'.
- Aircraft list is now resizable.
- Added a Copy Weather button on the aircraft list for a once-only copy of the weather.
- Current wind is now shown for the selected aircraft in the aircraft details.
- Aircraft are only inserted into the sim within a 100nm radius.
- Aircraft will now show in the list without having to launch the simulator first.
- Cached settings.
- First phase of shared cockpit. Join any aircraft as a passenger. See 'View|Aircraft|Join Cockpit'.
- First phase of flight Analyser. See 'View|Analyser'. Currently allows instant scrolling through a recording.
- Fixed bug that caused viewed aircraft to move up and down.
- Domain names are now supported as well as IP addresses.
- Reopens all previously opened windows at launch.
- Fixed recording bug that caused the network aircraft to become chaotic.
- The View windows will now restore correctly when selected from the main menu.
- Fixed network routing algorithm.
- Fixed aircraft bearing (opposite direction).
- Fixed network data errors.
- Fixed window position on load. Now uses default position when off the screen.
- Fix for network instability introduced in 1.0.5 optimisations.
- Hopefully have now fixed the loop twisting (tumble dryer) bug.
- Added pilot nicknames. See File|Settings.
- Added an option to use nicknames instead of the callsign in the simulator label.
- Moved some aircraft data into separate area below the aircaft list.
- Added IFR/VFR, ICAO from/to, ETA, altitude and speed to aircraft list.
- Fixed invalid data appearing in aircraft list. Now shows '-' when no data is available.
- Fixed auto broadcast on helicopters.
- Fixed overdub timing issue.
- Option for auto saving the Monitor log to a file.
- Minor bug fix for initial window position being off screen.
- Now using high frequency system timers for position updates.
- Network optimisations - reduced unnecessary bandwidth usage.
- Added an option for low-bandwidth connections which halves the bandwidth requirement.
- Simplified model matching windows and selection method. (Thanks, Travis)
- Fixed bug in recorded network aircraft.
- Tidied up 'View|Network' window.
- Second attempt at fixing the twisting effect during a loop manoeuvre.
- Restore window positions from previous locations.
- 'View|Network' now shows the direct address as well as the route to avoid confusion.
- Slight improvement to routing algorithm.
- METAR updates now shown in 'View|Monitor'.
- Shared weather.
- Fixed possible cause of the P3D user's aircraft not showing for others.
- Enabled row selection on the Aircraft List.
- Model matching and other functions are now available below the Aircraft List.
- Added distance, bearing and heading to the Aircraft List.
- Added a Follow button to the Aircraft List which positions you behind the selected aircraft.
- Now only scans Airplanes and Rotorcraft folders for models (FSX).
- Fixed bug where aircraft were not appearing in the list after a simulator restart.
- Separate registry settings for test version.
- Fixed repeated line count bug in Monitor. Now resets counter.
- Removed some test waypoints that may be causing a crash in version 1.0.0-TEST.
- Settings dialog.
- Local port configuration.
- Option to auto broadcast simulator objects.
- Now scans for sim.cfg files as well to pick up some helicopter models.
- Fixed Model matching where paints had double quotes in the model name.
- Added extra support for router uPnP. May help in some cases.
- All lights now supported.
- Squawk now supported.
- Helicopters now supported.
- Reduced sampling frequency.
- Fixed incorrect menu type that caused focus and mouse click issue.
- 'My IP' should now only show IPv4 addresses, and never IPv6.
- Fixed truncated model list.
- Remembers selected simulator folder after scan.
- Gives warning about saving the current recording.
- Asks once when a new version becomes available.
- Fixed Record check box on View|Aircraft.
- Recordings can now be played back over the network.
- Recordings now play automatically when opened.
- Recordings can be specified on the command line. JFS files can now be associated and opened with JoinFS executable.
- Implemented version support for data in recordings and network. For future modifications and backward compatibility.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Fixed twisting of aircraft that occurred performing a loop.
- Overdub recording
- Record and play back multiple aircraft. Ability to broadcast recorded aircraft over the network.
- Model matching entry for unknown aircraft models.
- Uninstall shortcut from the programs menu
- New version notification - version number turns red.
- Fix for juddering aircraft.
- Fix for aircraft not getting created when closing and restarting simulator.
- UI changes.
- Implemented dynamic routing to cope with problematic router configurations.
- Gear, canopy and flap animations.
- Fixed some network bugs.
- Model matching selection by UI-friendly Manufacturer, Type and Variation.