JoinFS Multiplayer Across Flight Simulators
JoinFS-FS2020 for Microsoft Flight Simulator, Windows
JoinFS-XPLANE for X-Plane, Windows
JoinFS-FSX for FSX, Prepar3D, Windows
JoinFS-SERVER for Hub, Windows
JoinFS-CONSOLE for Hub, X-Plane, Windows, Linux, macOS, Raspberry Pi
- Meet new pilots and fly together in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, Prepar3D, X-Plane, FSX:Steam and FSX.
- Decentralized hostless and efficient peer-to-peer networking.
- Smooth jitter-free live movement of aircraft capable of close and large formation flying.
- Shared cockpit across different simulators with unlimited passengers and multi-role co-pilot cockpit.
- Suitable for virtual pilot training and instruction.
- The JoinFS Hub network allows anyone to launch a publicly listed session for general flying or special events.
- Multiple window views to monitor the network, public sessions and information about who is online and in your current session.
- Record and save multiple aircraft to a file for future playback. Play back aircraft recordings live over the network to others in your session.
- Simple model matching and model masquerading allows you to substitute any aircraft model instantly while connected.
- Save your frequent contacts in the address book and connect with ease.
- Available across multiple systems and hardware including Windows, Linux, Intel, AMD, ARM and Raspberry Pi.
- Languages supported: English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian and Korean.
Small And Efficient Client
JoinFS is designed to be a thin utility that works between the simulator and the network.
- A minimal and clean user interface.
- Typically uses less than 1% of CPU time.
- Uses less than 20Mb system memory.
Low-Latency Peer To Peer Topology With Dynamic Rerouting
JoinFS can monitor and detect any connectivity problems and will automatically reroute network data in order to maintain the integrity of the session and consequently bypasses some of the issues with NAT home routers.
Decentralized Public Server Network
In hub mode the client also acts as a public meeting place where the server details are propagated automatically across the network and appear in the public hub list. There is no central server involved.
- Pilots may join a session by connecting to any other pilot in that session.
- When the original creator of the session leaves, the session continues as normal.
- Animations are transmitted over the network; landing gear, elevator, ailerons, rudder, propeller, canopy, lights and smoke.
- Overdub feature allows you to iteratively build your own formation flight or airshow with mixed aircraft.
- Groups of pilots can be present on VATSIM or IVAO at the same time as JoinFS.
Record, Play and Overdub
JoinFS includes its own flight recorder. This enables you to record your aircraft along with other pilots in the JoinFS network. When you play back a recording the aircraft are also broadcast over the network so that all pilots can see your recording. This allows you to pre-record a lead aircraft which everyone in the session can then formate on. The overdub feature enables you to overlay new flights onto the recording which means you can iteratively build your own unlimited formation.